Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

My baby's bathtub buddy

tonight was a lizard!!  OK, so yes, I'm new to Texas and new to lizards.  They actually don't bother me at all, I think they're kinda cute....that being said, I like them OUTSIDE, not inside and certainly NOT in my daughter's bathtub!  and where the helll did it come from?  the drain?

So of course I took some photos to send to friends at home, they're going to freak out.  It's still there, swimming around every now & then, waiting for DH to get home and take care of business.  I took care of the ants, the lizard is his to deal with - HA

Re: My baby's bathtub buddy

• Options

Ha!!  That is so funny!  I moved here 8 years ago & the very first day I was here, a lizard was in my shower.  Scared the sh** out of me.  Just don't see that every day in Chicago.

That being said, I LOVE the lizards now.  They are harmless & it's very cool to watch them change colors.

• Options
    We have a bunch around our house ... and they must have been busy too, because there are bunch of baby ones running around right now, lol.  Ocassionaly I find one inside (like the other day, hiding in my bath towel, lol) and I just carry them back out.  They eat mosquitos, so I'm nice to them  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsTotty:
    We have a bunch around our house ... and they must have been busy too, because there are bunch of baby ones running around right now, lol.  Ocassionaly I find one inside (like the other day, hiding in my bath towel, lol) and I just carry them back out.  They eat mosquitos, so I'm nice to them  :)

they eat mosquitos?!  I LOVE lizards!!

• Options
    We have baby ones too.  One crawled in the house the other day...DH rescued it and put him back outside.  There's one I see every morning when I open the garage...my lil buddy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I remember getting used to showering with the occasional gecko when I moved into the dorms at TCU.
  • Options
    I love the little geckos! DD would probably be thrilled to find one in her bath, but for Mommies, probably not so much :)
  • Options
    geckos and lizards...Indifferent they're right up there with my fear of spiders and everything else creepy crawly. ::::shivers uncontrollably::::
  • Options

imagemikey&amie:
    We have baby ones too.  One crawled in the house the other day...DH rescued it and put him back outside.  There's one I see every morning when I open the garage...my lil buddy.

Theres a big one (well, maybe like 5 or 6") that lives in our garage behind the pegboard on the wall.  He is always white or transparent.  He freaked me out the first time I saw him, and now, every morning he kinda stares at me while I load the car up.  Jack was SUPER confused when he saw him for the first time, lol. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    We found a little gecko on our bedroom wall last week. We named him Lozzy the Lizard and put him in  our front flower bed. :)
    I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Options
    I don't mind the geckos since they eat insects. We used to see them alot more in our old house. When Zane was in his crawling stage he found one on the floor one time (it was in its last stages of life so it couldn't move very fast) and picked it up to put in his mouth. Fortunately, I caught him right before he ate it. Yuck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"