Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Rash on back- Diagnose a baby- PIP

WDYT?  I was giving her a bath tonight and this is what I found.  We have been down at the lake for the past couple of days.  She hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary and it doesn't seem to bother her. I am going to check to see if it has gone away by morning....if not, off to pedi in the morning.

Any idea of what it could be?  What does a heat rash look like?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rash on back- Diagnose a baby- PIP

• Options
    maybe swimmers itch??
  • Options
    It kind of looks like heat rash.  Swimmers itch is usually more like red raised spots.  Have you been using anything different like sunscreen or detergent.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBre92504:
    It kind of looks like heat rash.  Swimmers itch is usually more like red raised spots.  Have you been using anything different like sunscreen or detergent.

No..... nothing different!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It looks like a heat rash to me. Was she bothered by it?
  • Options
    Sorry. I'm tired tonight! Reread your post and I see it doesnt bother her.
  • Options

Is it on her front too, or just her back? I'm no expert, but maybe a heat rash... has she spent more time in the car than normal, or is it extra warm where you are? My daughter often is blotchy around her upper back when she has been getting sweaty in her car seat.

I'm just guessing, I really have no idea. Hope it goes away soon!?

DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
  • Options

I agree with the PP's who said that it looks like heat rash.  Zachary always gets it on that part of his back.  It doesn't bother him and usually goes away (or at least mostly away) overnight. 

As long as it's not bothering her, it's not getting worse, and she's acting normal I wouldn't worry too much. 

• Options
    It looks like the rash my daughter got on her back at the beginning of the summer.  It didn't bother her at all either.  We took her in and it was contact dermatitis - the doctor said it could be caused by anything from a new outfit to sunscreen mixing with sweat, and that we'd probably never know exactly what had caused it.  It is totally benign, and she said we could put cortisone cream on it if we wanted.  
  • Options
    That is exactly what DD's rash looked like when she had a reaction to the Carter's clothing tagless ink.  She was allergic to the new ink too. 
  • Options

imagesweetmelissa0901:
    That is exactly what DD's rash looked like when she had a reaction to the Carter's clothing tagless ink.  She was allergic to the new ink too. 

Ditto.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"