3rd Trimester
Options

Food Poisoning and Pregnancy sucks.. (TMI)

Picked up some food from the work cafe.  Salmon Cakes and some rice.  I have been almost doubled over in abdominal pain with constant trips to the bathroom.  Anyone have a good recipe for the runs?  Between her moving and my abdominal pain I feel like its going to be a long night. Crying
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Food Poisoning and Pregnancy sucks.. (TMI)

• Options
    OMG- I didn't even want to read the post. I felt terrible reading the title! I am SO sorry. I can't imagine. Feel better soon!
  • Options
    Food poisoning alone SUCKS!  So sorry to hear you're going through that.  Make sure to drink lots of Gatorade, eat bland stuff like broth, crackers, and bananas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You poor thing! That happened to me in my last pregnancy, horrible doesn't even begin to describe it. My MIL told me to do the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast).
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have no desire to eat.. but I know I need too.. can't have my sugar dropping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thats horrible - you poor thing! Cant you take some pepto bismol? Im not sure if you can when your pregnant but if you can it sure clear u up real quick. I think you should be able to go home for this- thats especially horrible when its at work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i had food poisoning a couple weeks ago. lost a lot of fluid.  get some pedialite...   so you can replace all the electrolytes. 
  • Options

imagescarlett2288:
    i had food poisoning a couple weeks ago. lost a lot of fluid.  get some pedialite...   so you can replace all the electrolytes. 

Pedialite is supposed to be better than Gatorade, I had the stomach flu early on in my pregnancy and apparently Gatorade has to much sugar in it.

• Options
    oh, you poor thing!  that has been one of my biggest fears during pregnancy.  i can be pretty funny about my food normally anyway, so i have cringed at the thought of getting food poisoning.  have you called your doctor?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"