1st Trimester
Options

Anyone - tips on using doppler?

I have tried twice this week to hear the heartbeat with my doppler and I can't find it. I know it could be too early, but anyone have any tips? I am looking just above the public bone. TIA.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Anyone - tips on using doppler?

• Options

Before I got my personal one, my doc. always looked to the right of my bellybutton, and seemed to find it around that area everytime. It's the same with my own too.

• Options
    No advice here really. I've been trying with mine for over a week, found it yesterday but zero luck today. I am so beyond frustrated with the stupid thing! You might just be too early. In my case I think my doppler is just plain crappy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Go just above your hair line.

Put the doppler on a spot. Don't move it right away even if you don't hear anything. After 5-10 secs if you hear nothing, try angling it slowly one way and then the others.

Even at 20 weeks there are many times I hear nothing at first and then after slightly angling it, the hb comes in.

If you hear nothing at this spot, move the doppler a couple inches over and repeat.

Make sure you are lying down - some people have more success with a thin pillow under their bum.

GL!

• Options

Tilt is side by side when you use it.   Sometimes you have to push it down a little.

Try to use it when your bladder is full.  Sometimes it will help push out your ute.  

Your ute won't be above your pelvic bone until 12ish weeks so if that's where you are looking I doubt you will be able to find it.

Also, KY jelly is a good conductor for the doppler. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Look higher.
  • Options
    Have a full bladder, and start at your belly button and go down and side to side from there!
  • Options
    Not related to the doppler -- but I *love* your wedding picture (in your siggy?).  It's adorable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Start low, be patient, and if you think you're in a good spot, move it around like a joystick instead of moving the whole thing.

GL! It might be too early. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"