1st Trimester
Options

bathing suit melt down

this is just a little pity party for myself

i am leaving tomorrow morning for a family vaca. in Ft. Myers florida. this trip consists of 10 people (including myself and DH). my parents and 3 siblings along with their sig others... bringing total to 10.

DH and I are the oldest "kids", next inline is my built brother and his "soon to be married so im skinny" finance, then my model thin sister and her fit husband, finally my thin baby sister and her stick figure boyrfriend.

we have all gone away before, and ive held my own in the bathing suit dept. however THIS trip... oy... im packing and like an idiot im like "why dont i try on my bathing suits to see which ones i should bring and which one to put in my carry on."

needless to say 35 min later im crying into my suicase..... im just about 11 weeks. I havent gained any weight (as far as the scale goes) but things are definitly shifting around... not to mention that lovely thing called bloat

anyway... i just had to vent. i know its all for the greater good. im not upset that im pregnant, im just upset with my image in a bathing suit. i figured my friends here on the boards could sympathise!

normally i would say "send chocolate!" to make me feel better... i guess maybe....send a treadmill? Huh?

Re: bathing suit melt down

• Options
    This is the hardest thing to come to terms with. I always wore bikini's and IMO looked pretty good in them. NOW....tankini's. I have stretch marks the size of a fern on my stomach, hips, thighs and boobs. Just as they started fading a little and I started toning back down....here I am again. Oh well. It's for a good cause.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know how you feel I haven't gained any weight on the scale but I feel like I have a bump that just makes me look fat.  We are going on a family vacatoin also, and my sisters are all on weight watchers.  I am happy for them that they have lost weight but I feel jealous.   I know they are family and they dont care how I look in a bathing suit it is only me that is uncomfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually wore a maternity suit at 14 weeks when we went of vacation because I was so bloated. 

edit: At that point I had actually lost like 5 pounds and couldn't fit into any of my pre-preg suits. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you for sharing these stories with me! it really does make me feel better!!

at the same time i sorta wish it was victorian times again where we could wear swimming dresses and cute little caps.  then we would all look the same and i wont have to watch all the cute teeny boppers... bop by with their itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polda-dot-bikinis ....... ssssssigh

• Options
    As wonderful as pregnancy is, and no matter how blessed we all are, dealing with body changes is really tough. I'm used to being a size 0 and so this has been difficult. I've not worn a bathing suit this summer.
  • Options
    I'm on vacation right now and the pictures are less than I desire, I went and bought a new tankini a size larger, but it isn't that flattering.  But at least I am on vacation, and better than being home... that was the way I looked at it (I hope my clothes still fit when I get back home).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
  • Options
    I am skipping a friends pool party today for this reason. I am pale and even though I havent gained a pound, any excess fat on my body just moved itself into a nice little gut that hangs over my pants. It would be too traumatizing for me to go, especially when they dont know i am pg!
  • Options

I did the same thing, and just bought a tankini in a size larger. I'm happy to be pregnant, but not happy about how much by body has changed in 9 weeks! I feel like I'm in puberty again or something. To make it worse we're going to Florida with my brother and his wife and my SIL in a yoga instructor and updates her facebook at least once a week with something like, "going for another run! Can't wait to wear my new string bikini!"?

?oh well. At least we're going to the beach, so I guess we can't feel too sorry for ourselves.??

• Options
    I'm in a DW in Mexico in December, at which point I'm probably going to be mistaken for a whale.  I am soooooo nervous about how I'm going to look because all of the other bridesmaids are gorgeous.  So I totally hear ya.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"