2nd Trimester
Options

when did you / will you buy nursery furniture?

DH and I have checked out BRU and looked online for ideas, but don't plan on buying anything for awhile yet.  Then SIL emailed me a couple days ago about a free mattress from BRU and 10% off a piece of furniture, she was saying I should jump on the deal and "now was the time to buy".  I am still nervous about buying anything for the baby, let alone something so expensive!  When's the suggested time frame for making such purchases?  TIA!

Re: when did you / will you buy nursery furniture?

• Options
    I was 18 weeks when we ordered the furniture they told me it takes 12-14 weeks to get it!
  • Options
    ablouablou member

we almost bought a crib last weekend, but they were out of stock.  Sad

My mom is giving us her rocker, and we have to look at what we have in our family storage in West Texas (fingers crossed for a nice dresser and a bookcase!).  Since I don't really want to go out to West Texas when it's 108, we're going to go over there in the fall.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure when the "suggested" time is (before you give birth I guess!) but I would think you can get furniture whenever you want to. I ordered mine ~2 weeks ago and just received it last week. Word of advice, look at the book Baby Bargains before you buy furniture. It has a lot of ratings for various brands of furniture and will help you find deals and avoid furniture that's not great quality (it's kinda like a consumer reports for baby stuff). HTH and GL!
  • Options
    I'm in no great rush which seems to shock the s*%t out of my MIL, but I figure I have plenty of time.  I'll probably start looking into it in October when I'm about 25 or so weeks. The change in weather and approaching holidays will probably get me in the nesting mood.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We ordered ours right after we found out the sex.  We knew we wanted a white crib if it was a girl, so once we found out that it was, we were excited to start crib shopping.

If I were you, I would jump on that deal if you have already found the crib you love!

I was surprised to find out that my "perfect" crib would take 12 weeks to come in!  That means we will only really have it for a few short weeks before the baby is due, so we could not have waited much longer.  This crib was a specialty shop, though, so the crib was custom made, which is why the wait is so long.

BRU cribs probably would not take as long, but it would be a good question to ask while you are shopping! :)

Have fun!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    MC #1- Jamie George 6/7/08, MC #2- Christian Aaron 1/15/09

BFP! 3/25/09 BETA 1 (4/7/09) -# 9659 BETA 2 (4/10/09) - # 19171 Born 12/6/09 - Our precious girl.

MC #3- Ashley Grace 2/15/11, MC #4- Amelia Noel 12/30/11
    MC #5- Antonio 9/8/12

BFP! 10/6/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We will buy the furniture probably in September.
  • Options
    epphdepphd member

I started looking and researching when I entered second tri, and I think that I actually will jump on this sale at BRU.  I'm not wedded to a set brand of crib, and there is one there that is reasonably priced, reasonably plain, and white - my three requirements :) It gets good reviews from Baby Bargains and is $300 - since the mattress will be free, it's like saving an extra $120 - a steal in my mind.  And since we know we will be getting a glider, we will probably buy that now too since they are 20% off.

So - basically, we're buying sooner than we would have since the deals seem good :)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    Our parents are buying the furniture for us and my mom wants to go look tomorrow so possibly this weekend if we fall in love with some - it's early but when someone else is buying I don't question it.
  • Options
    I was 22 weeks when we ordered our crib and dresser.  It`s going to take 8-12 weeks to get here so I`m glad I ordered when I did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'll get my crib in November, I'm looking for a dresser that I can use as a changing table now (I prefer antiques to new furniture).
  • Options
    Leap08Leap08 member

We only have to buy a crib for the baby's room. We're going to use a rocker and dresser that we already have. My mom offered to buy us the crib, so I'm waiting to go shopping with her. She's visitng Labor Day weekend, and I'm sure we'll order something while she's here (I'll be 26 weeks).

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We'll be putting a deposit on our furniture this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"