Stay at Home Moms
Options

Bedding question

I dont post here very often but I have a question and have gotten mixed reviews on the trimester boards.  

I'm a stay at home mom so laundry is easy for me (tedious because we have 3 going on 4 kids and hubby is in the construction industry) but I have time for it.

I am registering for our bonus baby...and MY 1st biological child (our 3 kids are actually my step kids but we have them 7 days/week no visitation with bio-mom).

I have been told by a number of moms to get 2 full bedding sets-bumpers the whole 9 yards.  They say especially boys get them dirty fast and you never know when you will wish you had 2.  Any thoughts on this?  The 2nd set I would pick is only $44 so its not expensive...but is it tacky to register for 2 sets?

I am having 4 showers (family here on in laws side, my mom's friends/family, family back home, and my sister is throwing one for just friends-total of almost 120 people between the 4 showers).  That being said do you guys think I need 2 sets and should I just register for one and buy the other myself?  TIA 

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran

Re: Bedding question

• Options

i wouldn't bother with two sets at all. one is fine. however get several sets of sheets. three or four. those are what you go through the most.

you are certainly going to have a full house :) enjoy

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would register for extra sheets.

Technically, you should not use a crib bumper. Apparently they are a suffication danger and when kids get older they can use them as leverage to try and get out of the crib.

Technically, you are also not supposed to a blanket either. Suffication danger again.

That being said, get what you want. Definately get extra sheets.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd just get the one set of sheets and 2 ultimate crib sheets.  I wash her actual bed sheet maybe once every couple of months?  I change the Ultimate Crib Sheet every week and I have a clean one on hand in case of "accidents".
  • Options

Thanks so much!  Its weird to be on my 4th kid but my 1st baby.  My youngest step daughter was just under 1 1/2 when we moved into our house and just over 2 when we got custody of them permanently so anything younger than that I have NO experience with at all.

I appreciate the help! 

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    I wouldn't register or even get two sets.  The only thing I think you'd really need is perhaps an extra cribsheet or two.  The bumper, bedskirt, etc won't really get dirty that often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree that extra sheets is really all you'll need.  And an extra mattress pad, if you're using one.  We have a spare always ready, just in case.  It's defnitely come in handy on more than one occasion.
  • Options
    That's absurd.  All you need are two sheets and two pads.  You can't even use the bumpers and blanket anyways.
  • Options

I agree with the others.  No need for two full sets.  Just get extra sheets and you will be fine. 

And FWIW you can use the bumper if you choose to.  It's what you feel comfortable with.  Personally I used bumpers with both girls (still do with my 15 month old) and will again with #3.  I have the mesh kind to switch out during a short while when they do make me nervous but after that I'm fine with the regular ones. 

And DD #2 uses her blanket that came with the set now.  She didn't until a year but since then she has and it's fine. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"