Success after IF
Options

Special Formula Water???

I plan on using formula exclusively when the twink is born...My mom just asked me what kind of water I plan on using for her formula. WHAT???? I thought I would just use water from the refrigerator door in our home (we have well water that goes through a whole house filter, water softener, and then the fridge filter) and use bottled water when out and about...I didn't even know there was special water for babies. A friend just told me she just boiled water for her dc's formula. What did/do you use? TIA as I didn't even know there was special water for formula...
Diagnosis: Endometriosis with Complete Tubal Blockage IVF # 1 Fresh Cycle- It's a girl!! 8/12/09 IVF # 2 FET- MC IVF # 3 Fresh Cycle-MC IVF # 4 FET- BFP Arriving 8/8/12!!

Re: Special Formula Water???

• Options
    CHI-06CHI-06 member
    they do make a baby water that just has added flouride in it.  We used it initially when I weaned and then just bought a brita filter and used that... I think I would just stick with your fridge water!  :)
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options

I plan to breastfeed but I am also planning for if I need to formula feed as well.  I am just going to use the water from the fridge.  My aunt always bought gallon jugs of water but I think filter water is just fine.  

I am interested to see what others say.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think there is a special "water" but I dont' use tap water, I used bottles. We have one those big bottle water systems so it's not that big of a deal. I could use the tap water obviously but since we have the water bottle I prefore to use it
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

they do sell "nursery water" at the store..

i used tap water at the beginning, then the crazy special formula we used for most of the time specifically said to boil the water..so we did, and now we are back to our original formula and back to tap water with no problems :)

when we are out, we use bottled water too  

Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
    Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
    my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!
  • Options

imageLisaandBryan:
    I don't think there is a special "water" but I dont' use tap water, I used bottles. We have one those big bottle water systems so it's not that big of a deal. I could use the tap water obviously but since we have the water bottle I prefore to use it

One brand of it is called "Nursery Water." I don't remember the names of some of the other brands, but they claim to be specially sterilized... 

Diagnosis: Endometriosis with Complete Tubal Blockage IVF # 1 Fresh Cycle- It's a girl!! 8/12/09 IVF # 2 FET- MC IVF # 3 Fresh Cycle-MC IVF # 4 FET- BFP Arriving 8/8/12!!
  • Options

Tap water is fine.  Your peditrician can advise if there are specific concerns for your area, but in most places, tap is perfect.

Nursery water is more or less a gimick.  If you have a baby with special medical issues, you may need to boil the water, but that would be extremely rare.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also, the NICU told us to check w/ our town's water dept. to make sure it was safe.  HTH : )
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Options

our ped told us to use regular tap water that is boiled... and not to use bottled b/c there isn't any fluoride in it.  we boil the water from our brita.

• Options

Our pedi told us NOT to use Nursery Water because we didnt want to give him any extra flouride. We just used bottled water or tap water.

• Options
    we use room temp bottled water. We don't use tap water b/c our house is old and i don't trust the pipes - worry abuot lead, etc.
  • Options
    image7.28.07:

our ped told us to use regular tap water that is boiled... and not to use bottled b/c there isn't any fluoride in it.  we boil the water from our brita.

many towns do not put fluoride in their water - so this really makes no sense.

at 6 mos my pedi has them start on vits that have fluoride in them (drops). Our town does not flourinate the water.

we use bottled water - no f-ing way would i boil water every time i had to make  a bottle! OMG- i can't even imagine the screaming that would be going on while i boiled water and then let it cool!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"