TTC after 35
Options

Question for Wheatgrass ladies

Hi! I was intrigued by the posts I ran into regarding wheatgrass shots before O. I was just at Whole Foods and noticed they sell boxes of flash frozen wheatgrass shots, 10 for $15.

I have tried juicing my own wheatgrass but it's kind of a pain. I was wondering what you ladies thought of the frozen shots-whether it was going to be just as effective or if I should skip convenience and go for the real thing. TIA!

Re: Question for Wheatgrass ladies

• Options
    Get the shots. In my whole foods they have 30 for I think $19 so I use one a day. I mix with POM juice or in a smoothie. Just avoid the pills or powder.
  • Options
    I did the ones from whole foods...mixed one a day with some juice...not too bad.  Some say the fresh is better from the frozen, but the frozen was just the easiest for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do the frozen ones from Whole Foods... if you buy the whole case, you get 10% off....  since I take it every day, that is what we did.  10% is 10%....., I think I'm through more than half of it now, almost time to order another case.. LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks ladies!!

I might trying juicing it myself next month if I can get motivated to. I'm going to do some more digging around in my alternative health books to see if I can find anything out about the potency of frozen wheatgrass shots compared to fresh.

• Options
    The RE said my pre-AF spotting and two M/C could have been from poor egg quality/small size, and that is why I tried wheatgrass as I heard it improved egg quality. The month we got our BFP, I did the frozen wheatgrass shots from whole foods. One serving (e.g. two ice cubes) each night from AF up to ovulation. I defrosted and did the shots quickly and followed with a glass of OJ. Can't really imagine trying to blend them in with something. I also did a couple of fresh juice shots at Jamba Juice when I could. The fresh ones tasted much better but it was hard to get to Jamba. I only did Wheatgrass one month and that was the month I got my BFP. It was also the only time I had no pre-AF spotting in a year. I am 100% convinced it helpd me. Good luck!!!! 
  • Options

imageNHnative:
    The RE said my pre-AF spotting and two M/C could have been from poor egg quality/small size, and that is why I tried wheatgrass as I heard it improved egg quality. The month we got our BFP, I did the frozen wheatgrass shots from whole foods. One serving (e.g. two ice cubes) each night from AF up to ovulation. I defrosted and did the shots quickly and followed with a glass of OJ. Can't really imagine trying to blend them in with something. I also did a couple of fresh juice shots at Jamba Juice when I could. The fresh ones tasted much better but it was hard to get to Jamba. I only did Wheatgrass one month and that was the month I got my BFP. It was also the only time I had no pre-AF spotting in a year. I am 100% convinced it helpd me. Good luck!!!! 

Thank you so much for telling your story. I don't live near a Jamba juice (sad!) and I'm trying to think where I might get fresh wheatgrass shots to buy without juicing myself. Might just have to suck it up and juice it myself. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"