Multiples

oooh! What private board?

Can I be in the know? : )
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: oooh! What private board?

• There was/is a small-ish group of multiples mothers who moved the discussion of their private lives to a private message board.  Apparently some drama a while back with someone copying a MoM's photo of her children and claiming them as her own, and some other people who were treating the board like a fishbowl, asking for updates on people's private lives.

My understanding is that the private board is sort of how you'd communicate with a group of your close friends.  They may invite posters from this board if you're active and prove yourself to not be a weirdo (paraphrasing, not meaning anything bad by it.)

This board has really picked up in the last month or so though, as there have been a lot of twin/triplet pregnancies lately.

ETA: Those MoMs all still frequent this board to answer all of our newbie questions, and since we don't know these women personally, we're not really missing out on anything!

• imageJrzyMeeba1:

There was/is a small-ish group of multiples mothers who moved the discussion of their private lives to a private message board.  Apparently some drama a while back with someone copying a MoM's photo of her children and claiming them as her own, and some other people who were treating the board like a fishbowl, asking for updates on people's private lives.

My understanding is that the private board is sort of how you'd communicate with a group of your close friends.  They may invite posters from this board if you're active and prove yourself to not be a weirdo (paraphrasing, not meaning anything bad by it.)

This board has really picked up in the last month or so though, as there have been a lot of twin/triplet pregnancies lately.

ETA: Those MoMs all still frequent this board to answer all of our newbie questions, and since we don't know these women personally, we're not really missing out on anything!

Noticed your from Canada, nice to see someone else from there as well :)

• Loading the player...
  • I see.

?

Jrzy, are you from jersey but live in Canada? I got engaged in CAnada... and DH's Dad is from NJ!?

• I knew nothing of this private board! I need to spend more time on the nest I guess, LOL!

Sounds like a smart idea. I remember the whole picture stealing thing. There are scary people out there and it's too bad because as a whole I find this board to be very helpful!

• imageJrzyMeeba1:

There was/is a small-ish group of multiples mothers who moved the discussion of their private lives to a private message board.  Apparently some drama a while back with someone copying a MoM's photo of her children and claiming them as her own, and some other people who were treating the board like a fishbowl, asking for updates on people's private lives.

Yep! This is it! And Jersey, I don't know you but I thinks I loves you <3 Perfect response, and totally correct. 

no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageJrzyMeeba1:

This is the best description of the board I've seen yet.  Well said.

• Whew.. long day at work, so sorry that I posted and ran/worked..

Thanks for saying my description is well-phrased.  I think there's always a desire to be part of what's considered the 'in-crowd,' and by connotation, it seems the private board would be exactly that.  But I think the past few weeks where this has come up made it clear.. you guys chit-chat about 'private' things on a 'private' forum.. makes total sense in my head.

And yes, I grew up in New Jersey (more central/southern jersey), married myself a Canadian, and moved up here where it's too cold and snows too much.  And there's no Target here!

I certainly appreciate having a forum I can ask questions specifically about a multiples pregnancy, and you guys have all been awesome in answering everyone's questions.  Not to mention, I find it quite welcoming here with minimal if no snark at all (unless you've had a twin hiding for 20 weeks through 35 ultrasounds.. snort.)

• imageFaeryStarGazer:

Yep! This is it! And Jersey, I don't know you but I thinks I loves you <3 Perfect response, and totally correct. 

Aww.. thanks Faery.  Now I have that song in my head.. 'I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of..'

Well, actually my husband thanks you, as I'm now singing it out loud.  LOL

• imageJrzyMeeba1:
    imageFaeryStarGazer:

Aww.. thanks Faery.  Now I have that song in my head.. 'I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of..'

Well, actually my husband thanks you, as I'm now singing it out loud.  LOL

That song always gets stuck in my head! 

• imageFaeryStarGazer:
    imageJrzyMeeba1:

Really a great description!!  And the first time we didn't come out sounding like b%$@*&amp;es!  LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"