Pregnant after 35
Options

did anyone have an emotional rollercoaster period?

I am emotionally all over the place lately--the past two nights, I've had all-out crying jags. Poor H doesn't know what to do with me. I've been really stressed at work, and we're waiting for our amnio results, so I know those two things have something to do with it. But last night I was looking on the 2nd Tri board and saw someone writing about their nursery and I just burst into tears (we live right outside NYC in a 1-BR apartment, so we won't have one, and I guess that makes me sad).

Please say I'll regain my sanity!!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: did anyone have an emotional rollercoaster period?

• Options

You'll regain your sanity... having your emotions all over the place is perfectly normal. And you said that you've been stressed at work and waiting for your amnio results, that has to play a role.

And I somewhat understand about the apartment situation. My DH and I rent, though we're out in Somerset County (he commutes to NYC, a LONG day for him) and have a 2BDR, so we're lucky there. But it's not ours and we have a lot of job/money stress. Sometimes that takes its toll.

Hang in there... and if you're not feeling better after a few weeks, talk to your doctor and let him/her know how you're doing. (((HUG)))

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

I'm sorry you are going through a stressful time. I know when I am stressed I am an emotional wreck. I hope that when you get your amnio results that will alleviate a lot of your stress.

I'm not able to do a nursery either. It's for a good reason, we are selling our current home and building a new one. Since we can't start on the new on till the old one sells we'll have about 6 months in an apartment including the time when the baby is born. I'm not complaining, I know we are very lucky but I still get sad that I can't prepare a place for my baby.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You'll definitely regain your sanity :) You haven't even lost it yet! No worries at all. We're just hormonal, in a rocky economy, bringing a new life into the world, etc. I promise- things will improve! :)
  • Options
    I've had some bad bouts of depression.  Fortunately, they only last 2 or 3 days and then I come out of it. I was considering asking my dr. for an antidepressant.  Now I'm nervous about PPD.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"