Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

My story--first time here

I had my IUD removed May 14 and my sister stopped her BC around the same time, we wanted to get pregnant this summer at the same time.  She had a positive pregnancy test and I had a positive test a few weeks later.  We went to the dr and had our first visit together--same room and everything.  She was due 2/13 and I was told I needed an u/s for my due date since I had not had a period since the IUD removal but was around a week after my sister.  My husband was at work the day of my u/s so sister went with me and we found out there was no baby, just a sac.  It was explained to me that the baby never formed probably because of chromosome abnormalities.  I am at peace with it, God's plan is bigger than mine.  I go for my D&C tomorrow but have not spoken with my sister about the loss or her pregnancy.  I am truly happy for her and want to have all the talks like we had planned but it seems so uncomfortable with her.  Any tips? 

After reading several posts I know you are a great support group and my heart goes out to everyone here.  Thanks.  

Re: My story--first time here

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  It seems like you are handling the loss well and have a positive attitude.  It also sounds like you and your sister are very close.  I would suggest you just talk to her and be open about your feelings.  Tell her how happy you are for her and that although you are sad, it doesn't change your excitement for her.  Let her know you'll be there for her and will need her support as well.  Sisters go through a lot together and I'm sure you will both be able to get through this too.  GL (and hugs).
  • Options

imagepriya&peter:
    I am so sorry for your loss.  It seems like you are handling the loss well and have a positive attitude.  It also sounds like you and your sister are very close.  I would suggest you just talk to her and be open about your feelings.  Tell her how happy you are for her and that although you are sad, it doesn't change your excitement for her.  Let her know you'll be there for her and will need her support as well.  Sisters go through a lot together and I'm sure you will both be able to get through this too.  GL (and hugs).

Very well put.  I'm so sorry for your and your DHs loss. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I agree with pp, talk with your sister and be open about your feelings.  It sounds like you two are close, so I'm sure she'll be understanding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i'm so sorry for your loss, but like the pp said, you seem to have a positive attitude about the experience. as far as talking to your sister and being excited about her pregnancy, i went through a similar concern, because my SIL was 4 weeks ahead of me. i thought that she would feel uncomfortable talking about her pregnancy and what not, but it really didn't bother me--  i was just as excited about her pregnancy after my loss than i was before. so yes, i did tell her (and my other family members) that i was ok to talk about it and everything, but what really helped was just BEING ok. when her and i talked, i asked about the pregnancy and i squeeled with her over all the exciting news. i didn't have to fake it or convince anyone of my sincerity, it was just real. and i really don't think there's any ackwardness now. if i want to talk about my loss, i'll talk about it, and that's ok too-- it's not like we pretend it didn't happen.

so my advice to you is just be yourself and be true to your feelings. if you're really not uncomfortable, people will pick up on that and figure it out. but at the same time, if there ever are days that are just a little harder than you expected, that's ok too. i'm sure your sister knows that you love her and your future neice or nephew!

• Options

I am so sorry for you loss.  I would talk to your sister about this as I am sure it is affecting her too.  My loss affected my entire family, my sister left work and rushed to the hospital and was as upset as I was.  I am sure she is hurting as well for you and scared herself as it brings reality to her and her pregnancy as well. 

{{HUGS}}

• Options

I am very sorry for your loss.  I agree with PP.  I think talking to your sister about what happened will be good for both of you.

HUGS!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

TTCAL buddy to LMichelleG - Praying for a miracle

PgALbuddy to CanonMom & BriAZ - Congrats on your beautiful little girls Labor Buddy to Luvsbunny

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"