Preemies
Options

So tomorrow is my due date...

And I'm currently staring at my almost 4 week old. I'm not sure how I feel. Part of me dreads tomorrow because I really feel cheated(?) out of the last month of pregnancy while part of me is so beyond grateful that she is here and was born healthy and strong.
mr & mrs || 11.18.06
DD born 07.06.09 || DS born 01.24.11 || Bean 3.0 due 11.16.12

Re: So tomorrow is my due date...

• Options

Guess you caught me on a good day 'cause I'm reading this thinking...  I'm so, so grateful to have the gift of knowing my LO for 5 1/2 more weeks than I would have if he would've been born on his due date.  Today, I'm so happy that at the end of my life I will know that I cheated time...and got 5 1/2 more weeks with my son than anyone ever thought I would.

Tomorrow though...I may have a meltdown again.  :(

Get some sleep...and have a good night...

• Options
    Mine was last Friday, as I stared into the beautiful eyes of my 7 week old....yes, I know the feeling.  Weird, but blessed that I was given an extra 7 weeks with him because he is so healthy and happy now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was a month ago and I had the exact same feelings. It was so bittersweet. You will get through it though! The good feelings will come out on top :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The toughest day for me was the day before my due date because I was anticipating how my emotions would be.  My actual due date wasn't bad at all compared to the day before.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• Options
    My twin girls came 6 1/2 weeks early.  And what I find odd is that my 6 week check up with my OB is still before their actual due date.  But I am happy they arrived and are home and healthy.  But I do feel like I missed out on the last month of pregnancy.  Which really isn't a bad thing, is it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"