Washington Babies
Options

Vent! Anyone else tired of people making fun of us?

I just had to vent!  I am so tired of people from California, Arizona, etc. making fun of us up here!  I have seriously had it!  I lived in 100 degree + summers in Texas for 5 years and that was NOTHING compared to this.  They are all making fun of us for complaining.  They have NO idea how miserable it is to try and sleep when your house/apartment is 95 degrees at three in the morning.  My sisters live in San Diego and they are so mean.  I told them they would last 10 seconds before they too were crying.  We have no escape and they do!  My parents live in Palm Springs and it was 5 degrees hotter last night here than there!  The desert in California...where they HAVE AIR CONDITIONING so you don't even notice!!!

Sorry...just really really sick of hearing about it.  Sick of wearing an iced washcloth on my head.  Had to vent.  I'm dying here.  I really feel bad for you 3rd tris.

Re: Vent! Anyone else tired of people making fun of us?

• Options

it would be different if we dealt with this all the time but we really don't.  However we have had 3 pretty hot summers so we should be getting used to it. 

I personally love it.  I don't really like the humidity but I do love the heat.  however, I do have AC everywhere.  So I am not affected at night with my sleep.  

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Options

Yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of the comments.  My co-worker is from Arizona and I don't want to hear her thoughts on the heat.

Along with this, I am irritated with the "I love the heat" comments.  Well, good for you, but the rest of us are miserable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KNemoKNemo member
    It was 107 degrees yesterday. That isn't anthing to sneeze at. Let alone the fact that Arizona and California are desert states and their heat is dry heat. Neither one of those states are ever really humid. And to top it all off, the people who are "making fun" of us couldn't handle it if they didn't have AC. Just let them make fun. They are usually the first to b!tch about the snow!!!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

Everyone thinks we're wimps during extreme weather.  During the snowstorm we were wimps because we didn't have enough snow plows and TPTB didn't want to use salt on the roads.  They think we're wimps now when were at 107 degrees and there is little in the way of AC around here. 

But we get even when they complain about the rain and grayness of winter because we're use to it.  It's all karmic. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

YES!  Someone (can't remember which Nestie/Bumpie) started a Facebook about it too, that cracked me up.  A friend from Arizona made a comment about how it was hotter in AZ, and I pasted the weather.com info showing that she had 14% humidity and we had 50%, big difference.  Not to mention they have AC everywhere down there, we don't. 

I also hate when people who have AC say, "You mean you don't have AC??".  No, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining, shut it!

-Deborah

• Options
    I recently moved to AZ.  I would be absolutely miserable if I were still up in WA with how hot it is.  Yeah, it may be warmer here, in AZ, but it's totally different.  Not to mention that there's AC pretty much everywhere here, and most people have access to pools.  I definitely feel for you ladies!
  • Options

VERY tired of it. The reality is most of the people who make those comments don't realize that a very small percentage of homes in Seattle are built with air conditioning. Once you tell them that they go "oh wow...that sucks." But they STILL don't get it.

I spent many a summer in the humid northeast and also in dry but scorching Arizona and while it was hot, you had to wear a jacket indoors because their A/C is so bloody cold. In fact to this day I still catch a COLD in my grandparents house in central Pennsylvania because they keep it so frigid in there.

NEVER and I mean NEVER do the average citizens of states with high temps have to sleep through the night in a 95 degree house. Sure there are homes all over the country with no A/C, but not 78% like here in Seattle.

These temps are even stretching the best A/C systems, which we don't really have here. Southcenter was pretty darn hot yesterday for an air conditioned mall. I have a few friends with A/C where quite simply, the A/C tried its darndest but just couldn't  cool down the house as cold as normal

• Options
    The only people who it makes sense to make fun of us are those who have suffered through power outages in high temps and high humidity, like the long ones NY city and some other areas have had in previous years.  THEY get it.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    Yes! My coworker is from Arizona and she keeps saying how much hotter it would get there. When I say "But everyone there has AC" she says "I didn't." Okay, you lived there 20 years ago and I just want to complain about the heat, quit killing my vent! Probably the place you lived does have AC by now...
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"