Pennsylvania Babies
Options

2cm at 34 weeks..

Uh oh! ?So I went to the doc today because we are going on vacation next week, and since Eli was born around 36 weeks, they wanted to check me to see if anything is going on. ?I was not anticipating anything, but the doc checked me and was like, hmmm, and i was like, yeah? ?I am two cm dilated already and the head is dropped. ?He was like, yeah, i can touch the head pretty easily. ?He really is advising against going away since its 4 hours away, and he said the baby could be in there another week, or 3 weeks, but he does not want to risk a road trip. ?He feels the second pregnancy goes so much faster, i mean, the labor does, so he was like, if your water breaks out there, there is no way you'll make it home. ?I am kinda on bed rest? ?I just have to take it easy and no extra activity, sex and so on until 36 weeks. ?So, we want to keep this baby in at least until 36 weeks! ?Keep me in your thoughts!

Re: 2cm at 34 weeks..

• Options

Wow!  I know you can be dilated for a few weeks, but I see your doctor's cause for concern.  Given your history with DS, it makes sense to be cautious.  Have you made a decision on vacation?  The thought of not going is no fun, and I would hope for you and baby's sake nothing would happen, but there's no way to know.    I will keep you in my thoughts that baby stays a few weeks longer!!

Totally unrelated to your post, and this may be TMI, but for the last week or so I've noticed very much that my pelvic bone is widening.  Every step I take hurts like crazy.  I don't remember this happening with my first pregnancy.  Not to mention the rest of my body, especially my back, feels like it's about ready to give out any given moment.  I just turned 32, but I swear I'm too old for this!!!!

• Options
    Bummer that you'll miss the vacation but it sounds like a safer choice to stay at home, esp since your son arrived so early too.  Imagine how difficult it would be to have your baby so early while hours away from home.  Hope your daughter stays put for a few more weeks!
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! That's a bummer that you have to miss your trip, but I think I'd want to stay close to home in this case. Try to take it easy... hope you make it a few more weeks! Good Luck :-)
  • Options
    Holly- ?my pelvic bones feel the same way! ?Though, that did happen with Eli too. ?Its because I carry pretty low, so its because the baby's head is already so far down. ?Maybe thats whats going on for you too. ?Vacation is still up in the air, but mostlikely not going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"