Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

WDYT of this color combo?

I don't have a picture, but we're planning to paint the nursery light pink on the top of the wall, vanilla on the bottom, bright white base and crown, with a chocolate brown chair rail.  I like the neopolitan look - but I'm getting worried that it will be too choppy.  What do you think? 

Re: WDYT of this color combo?

• Options
    if it was me.... i wouldnt do the brown chair rail, other than that i think it will be cute!
  • Options
    I like the color combo, but agree with the PP. I wouldn't do a brown chair rail. We are doing light pink at the top, brown at the bottom, and a cream chair rail in the middle. Good luck choosing colors! Finding the right brown and pink was not easy for us!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't like the idea of bright white base and cros with a brown chair rail.  I would either put the brown at the bottom and do a white chair rail or I would do a stripe instead of a chair rail.  Actually, either way I think the chocolate should go at the bottom.

• Options
    I would do it all except the brown chair rail. I'd leave it white.  ;)
  • Options
    I agree that I wouldn't do the brown chairrail. You could do a stripe somewhere with the chocolate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd go with brown accent pieces over the brown chair rail.   Might just be a weird stripe of color in the middle of the room.   But I love the combo!
  • Options
    nisemsnisems member
    Thanks for the thoughts everyone.  My original plan was to do the bottom of the walls in the chocolate brown, but DH hates it (he has already given in and let me do our bedroom in brown and I think he has hit his limit!).  Then I thought I would just get dark wood furniture to bring in the brown, but my BIL gave us a pine crib, so we're sticking with the lighter wood for the furniture.  I'll definitely have brown accents in the room, but I was looking for a way to tie it in with the actual paint color.  Maybe, as some of you suggested, a stripe is the way to go.
  • Options
    I think I would choose the pink on the bottom for fear of the room seeming top heavy and bring in the chocolate through pieces other than the chair rail.
  • Options
    Maybe choose a fabric for the windows that has a good amount of brown in it? That way it is next to the walls and will tie into the paint colors.
  • Options
    I would do pink on the bottom and the vanilla on the top with a white chair rail.  I think it would look nice with pine furniture and some chocolate accents.
  • Options

Pink on the top, brown on the bottom, and a neutral cream chair rail would look really nice

• Options

imageALYinATL:
    if it was me.... i wouldnt do the brown chair rail, other than that i think it will be cute!

Ditto this

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"