Baby Names
Options

Do you think this works? ETA: clicky poll

My grandma is very sick right now and may not live much longer. We are TTC and if it is a girl, I have suggested the name Piper in honor of my her . Her name is Pai, (real name Pairin) so you kinda get that in "PI-per". I would do Pai-per...but uhhh, it just doesn't look right. Do you think that works? I was thinking we could call her "Pi" (since my grandma went by Pai)...I just don't know if it's too much of a stretch to say Piper is named after Pairin. Ya know?

Thoughts? 

ETA: I'd still spell Piper <--- this way. I just didn't know if it worked since Pairin has the "a" before the "i" and Piper doesn't. 

[Poll]
Mom to an almost 4 y/o and an almost 2 y/o. In process of growing our family through adoption.

Re: Do you think this works? ETA: clicky poll

• Options
    ach427ach427 member

I think Piper- spelled Piper- is a totally logical and sweet way to honor her. Paiper is crazypants.

And on another note, that is a HILARIOUS picture of your baby! 

• Options

I think it's wonderful that you want to honor your grandmother with a name.

I'd focus more on the "rin" side of the name--Karin or Marin maybe.  Paiper looks like paper and is kind of silly, imo.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOctoberCAPA:

I'd focus more on the "rin" side of the name--Karin or Marin maybe.  Paiper looks like paper and is kind of silly, imo.

I completely agree. I'd still spell it Piper.

ach-- Thanks! 

Mom to an almost 4 y/o and an almost 2 y/o. In process of growing our family through adoption.
  • Options
    imageOctoberCAPA:

This.

• Options
    I love, love, love Piper. And your little boy is SO cute. I just want to pick him up and cuddle him while trying not to laugh at him. Best picture!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like just Piper.  :) Good luck.
  • Options
    I'd say Paiper like paper. Stick with Piper.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Why don't you just use Pairin?  Piper and Pairin are two totally different names.  It's like saying that you named your child Hailey after her grandmother Hazel because the first syllable sounds similar.
  • Options
    I think I would just name her after your grandmother and not try to build on her name so to speak.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"