Baby Names
Options

Girls name/nickname question

I really like the name Cadence, but I'm worried that people will want to use a nickname like Katie (maybe spelled Cadee?), which I really don't like.  

Would you be inclined to use a nickname for Cadence or use the full name? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girls name/nickname question

• Options
    I'd always use the full name unless I was told to use a different name.
  • Options
    I would use the full name; it's beautiful! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If I were going to shorten it at all- it would be Cade (like, hey cade can you come here for a sec) if I were trying to be quick,  but in any normal conversation I'd call her Cadence. Cadie wouldn't occur to me to use unless i heard her or someone else use it regularly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

my mind wouldn't jump to cadie at all. cadence is a beautiful name!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    qtpa2tqtpa2t member
    I've never known anyone named Cadence that didn't go by Cady.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cadence sounds like a boy name. I wouldn't shortened it because I think it's rude to not call someone by what they introduce themselves as.?
  • Options

I think Cade not Cadee if anything. If anyone shortens the name it will be your family or friends anyway. So just control that aspect! It's a great name!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    you could spell it cady.  i dont think of what i would shoren my kids name to just to accomodate a nick name.  i dont really have a shortened version of my name though...everyone just calls me by my full name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for the input, I'm glad to hear that most of you wouldn't automatically think of using Katie/Cadie/Cadee as a nickname.  We know way too many Katie's already and neither of us care for the name. 

I have a longer name and have been called a variety of nicknames--some of which I don't care for, so I think that's why I thought of the nickname issue. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cadence is a beautiful name :) I would use the full name, but there are always irritating people who will call you a nickname no matter what. I hate when people call me Nik!
  • Options
    I work at a daycare and we have a 2 yr old named Cadence.  I would have never thought to call her by anything other than her full name(and some of the kids we do shorten their names if we are in a hurry). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"