North Carolina Babies

Pedometer Challenge check-in

Everyone still on track? I wish I could say I have been. :-( I've been exercising pretty regularly at the gym, and with the Wii Fit, but I've been averaging more like 8000 steps per day.

The 6 days of jury duty kind of threw me off track, although I did take the stairs at the courthouse everyday, even though the rest of our group took the elevator. So, I was proud of myself for that. :-)

So far this week:
Sunday 6748

Monday 8500

Tuesday 8890

Wednesday (had my interview and forgot to put on my pedometer)

The good news is, I'm going strong today! I dropped my car off to get inspected, then walked to the gym (about 1 mile), then did 30 minutes of cardio and some weights, then walked back (another mile). So far today, I'm already at almost 9000!

How's everyone else doing?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Pedometer Challenge check-in

• I'm doing fine.  Most days I get at least 10,000 steps in, but if I get a lot one day (say 14-15k) and I'm under 10k the next day, I figure that the average of the 2 days is fine.

I'm not writing down my steps anymore now that my work challenge is over, but I am still wearing my pedometer and paying attention to my daily steps.

• I had been doing awesome til this week.  These afternoon storms are killing me!  Instead of exercising indoors, I'd rather spend time w/ DS.  After I put him to bed, I have other duties I need to be doing.  So, I've been averaging around 8,000 steps or so this week. 

It looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just jump on the exercise equipment late at night.  ugghhh!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh ladies...I'm out of commission for at least another week.  About 2 weeks ago my ankles got really swollen (think 8 mos PG) and my one big toe was aching.  Turns out I had an ingrown toenail (not gross or anything, but just still healing/sore) and was told to stop the exercise-type walking for a few weeks, then start back slow.  Guess I was doing too much, too soon.  I went from being PG and no exercise to starting up exercise at 6 weeks PP.  And within 5 weeks of starting up exercise, I was walking 4 miles, 4x a week and doing the Jillian 30DS on my off days.  I was FINALLY starting to see the scale go down a little, but had lots of pain in return.

I hope to start back slowly soon, but obv. won't hit my 70k/week goal for a while. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"