Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Question - cribs

Hello everyone!

I still have a long way to go before actually buying a crib, but I have OCD when it comes to early planning =) Anyway here is my question:

Which do you prefer - a drop-side crib or a stationary one? 

Many of the cribs I like are stationary so the side does not slide down. Is it a pain getting the baby in and out of the crib?? TIA!

Re: Question - cribs

• Options
    The drop side ones make me nervous for safety reasons.  I am going to get a stationary one that you can adjust the matress height.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
    ~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
    ~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
    ~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  
  • Options

I prefer the stationary ones.  DS has a drop side and we never moved it.  For DD we are getting stationary.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagechristinakprice:
    The drop side ones make me nervous for safety reasons.  I am going to get a stationary one that you can adjust the matress height.

This!

• Options
    I don't know if the safety standards have changed but PBK just recently switched their dropside cribs to stationary cribs.  It must have been shown by some organization that dropside cribs aren't the safest option anyway.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options
    I think it depends on your height...reason I say this is I'm short 5'2 and as your child get older and starts standing..you lower the crib settings and picking up my DD was a serious pain. I have drop-side, so it definitely helped. Plus, the drop-side cribs really lock in place.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have a stationary one, and the mattress is really high -- we really don't have to bend over very much at all.
  • Options
    ours is stationary because of the style. I am tall, so i didn't really give much thought to it. However, most styles allow you to adjust the mattress height, so it shouldn't be too bad. I would say try a bunch out.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Stationary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"