Pregnant after 35
Options

Bassinet Recommendations?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced, safe bassinet? I've looked at tons online but can't pick one. I don't want to spend a ton of money since they only use it for three months.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bassinet Recommendations?

• Options
    Baby Bargains recommends using a Pak n Play with the bassinet feature.  We used one and it worked out great.  Still use the PnP for sleeping when away from home and the bassinet will get used again! 
  • Options
    I have a pack n play from my sister but I don't think it has the bassinet feature. I'll have to look and see if I can buy one separately. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually use the bassinet that came with our stroller (UPPA Baby), but there are plenty of safe and reasonably priced ones at Wal-Mart/K-Mart. etc (which would have been my second choice).  I agree with you, if mine didn't come with the stroller, I would have never spent over $100.00 on a bassinet that they would only use for a few weeks.  They're only usable up to 20lbs and my son is only a month old and already over 10lbs!   Good luck shopping.
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we have this one:  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3121488  worked just fine.  we have a 2 story house.  this is the one that we kept by our bed.  downstairs, we used a PNP w/ a bassinet.
  • Options
    I found several at Baby Depot for under $75. We thought about using the PnP as the bassinet but really want to have that downstairs in the living room. I couldn't wrap my head around spending a lot for something that the baby would only be in for a couple of months.
  • Options
    I was all set to use the PnP w/bassinet but my sister bought me a a bassinetf rom BAby Depot for like $50. It's really sturdy and will due the job!
  • Options
    I got the Arm's Reach mini co-sleeper which I can attach to the bed, use as a stand-alone bassinet, or a mini PnP style play yard. I love it, hopefully baby will too.
  • Options
    This post got me wondering about something that's been nagging at me...because of SIDS you are not supposed to use the bumper pads on a crib (I'm guessing because of ventilation) so how is a bassinet ok because they don't have ventilated sides!?
  • Options

imageBelieveit:
    This post got me wondering about something that's been nagging at me...because of SIDS you are not supposed to use the bumper pads on a crib (I'm guessing because of ventilation) so how is a bassinet ok because they don't have ventilated sides!?

I'm glad you brought this up (sorry to piggy back of the post) but I've caught LO's face up against the side of the bassinet twice already and it scared me to no end!  I've pretty much moved him to the crib already just becasue of that.

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used a regular bassinet last time, and wished for a co-sleeper the whole time....this time I ordered a mini-cosleeper..they have them for really cheap at albeebaby.com if you don't care about color...I got the blue one (the blue and pink are the cheapest)
    Proud mom to DD Born Oct. 26, 2007, and DS Sept. 2, 2009
  • Options
    btw...the cosleeper has ventilated sides...but the first 3 mos, your baby won't really move around much..we swaddled, and also used a sleep positioner
    Proud mom to DD Born Oct. 26, 2007, and DS Sept. 2, 2009
  • Options

This has been a big debate in our house this week! 

Fortunately, my neighbor GAVE us her bassinet.. she's done having kids and wanted us to have it.   It's a Kolkraft Tender Vibes Travel Bassinet.  Very lightweight and fairly sturdy with ventilated sides (to address the previous debate).  I plan to use that for the first 3-4 months or so, then go straight into a crib.

I originally planned to get a PnP for use downstairs for naps, etc.  But when you start thinking about it... even that doesn't have a terribly long time you can use it.  I can't justify spending so much on what is essentially a playpen.   I may just get a Play Yard instead.. half the price of a PnP.    And after looking at PnPs.. I would not be placing my child in that flimsy bassinet feature anyway... I just doesn't look safe enough to hold a wiggly child!

Now when we were registered last weekend.. I did come across a tent-like  Kidco Peapod that is much more travel-friendly than a PnP.  Runs about $60 and has an inflatable mattress.  Can fit it into a suitcase.  I might get one of those and see if it'll work for napping, etc.

• Options
    PnP with bassinett. You dont even need all the bells and whistles. Ihave/like the simple one. It has a cute monkey pattern. the pnp part, a bassinet and a mobile that can hang over the bassinett. That is all I want/need. The rest just makes it big and bulky. This one is trimmer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"