Blended Families
Options

I don't know if this is a good idea

So, 3 weeks after her last call BM finally called to talk with the kidp (persumably because he called her  2 days ago).

Anyways DH decited that son would go to her place Aug 3-7 for his 1st visit in a year and a half. BUT he also arranged for SS to go to his mother's for a long weekend the weekend of the 23rd too.

He hasnt seen her in so long and ALWAYS comes back mentally distressed... I cant imagin how he is going to take being there twice in a month... not to mention labor day weekend when he is supposed to go down for her wedding.

Do you think? Do you think its too much for a kid to take all at once?

Re: I don't know if this is a good idea

• Options

How likely is it that BM will actually follow through with the second visit? ?You could be worrying about nothing.

?

• Options

At this point its 50/50 on the follow through. Will depend on how SS is when he is down there. Now that he is at that lovely 9 year old talking back/not listening phase she may not be able to deal with that.

Either way I think it going to be a bummer... kid will either be messed up from the visit or sad due to not getting a visit he expecting.

Love this stuff Sad

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    it may be a lot. talk to him before his first visit and again afterwards. if he doesn't want to go back then don't make him (unless you legally have to)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"