3rd Trimester
Options

Super easy meals for after baby comes?

I want to have some meals planned now for after baby arrives that are super easy to make and don't take too long to cook. DH will be making them, but I don't want it to take up too much of his time. I'm not doing frozen meals because, well I'm due tomorrow and I have ZERO energy.

Ideas? Recipes? TIA!

Re: Super easy meals for after baby comes?

• Options
    I make so many things in the slow cooker (crock pot) and I love allrecipes.com. They have so many good recipes!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    lkichlkich member

Tacos (try mixing turkey and beef, it's really good) just follow the instructions on the seasoning packets

Pasta, any kind

You can do roasts or whole chicken easy in oven bags. They have recipes on the box.

Use frozen veggies as sides

Sandwiches & cereal are always good back ups too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecmyers6278:
    I make so many things in the slow cooker (crock pot) and I love allrecipes.com. They have so many good recipes!

I saw the link you posted for the Chicken Stroganoff and that was the first meal on my list. haha  It looks super yummy! I was wondering though... what is the dry Italian-style salad dressing mix? Where in the store did you find it and what is the brand?  Do you have any other favorite recipes from there that you've tried?

• Options
    Check out my cooking blog (link in siggy). Most of my meals are very easy and pretty quick to make :)
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    imageAmigosa:

imagecmyers6278:

I saw the link you posted for the Chicken Stroganoff and that was the first meal on my list. haha  It looks super yummy! I was wondering though... what is the dry Italian-style salad dressing mix? Where in the store did you find it and what is the brand?  Do you have any other favorite recipes from there that you've tried?

It was Hidden Valley brand, on the same aisle as the regular dressing, usually on the very top shelf. It's just a tiny packet of powder, that I guess you can mix to make dressing, dip, etc. It's used to flavor the chicken. Btw, I used one of the other users idea, and put the chicken breast in whole and still frozen. I cooked it for the 6 hours instead of 5, and used egg noodles instead of rice.

Here's another recipe I liked a lot. If I think of any more, I'll let you know. But check out the site and then click on Slow Cooker Recipes.

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-and-Dumplings/Detail.aspx

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Beef Stroganoff (All ingredients into the crockpot early in the day and 8-10 hours later- voila!  You can save time by buying the mushrooms already sliced so that all you have to cut up is onion) over rice or noodles

Spaghetti (I'll be making my own sauce and freezing it, but you could always buy a jar of sauce, can of mushrooms and some ground beef)

steamed veggies are super easy and good with almost anything.  They'd be great with some mashed potatoes (instant if you like, but I don't think fresh is that hard if you leave the skin on th epotatoes) and a chicken breast.  My old roomie used to mix 1/3 c. honey with 1/4 c. lemon juice and sprinkle the breasts with crushed red pepper and rosemary... Or just use BBQ sauce, or shake n' bake or whatever.  Or you could do a pot roast in the crock pot (I just do cream of mushroom, lipton onion soup mix, beef broth, mushrooms and onions, but I know some people like to put carrots and potatoes in there)

sandwiches.... need I say more?  stock up on peanut butter, jelly, deli meats, tuna, ready to eat chicken salad and egg salad

I think breakfast is a quick easy meal- scramble up a few eggs, pop some bread in the toaster and bacon in the microwave.  Done in 5 minutes. 

Red beans and rice.  We cheat and use the boxed kind (reduced sodium) and add a pound of turkey kielbasa. 

The most gour-met (yes, you say the T) meal at our house is boxed mac and cheese (either Kraft blue box or velveeta shells and cheese) served with hotdogs. 

Another gour-met meal: ham steak, potatoes (usually augratin) or mac and cheese from a box with a veggie of choice (steamed works, or canned... we usually do lima beans... and I cook them for a long long time, but you wouldn't HAVE to... I just love limas and that seems like a goo dmeal to sneak them in for)

The grilled pork and peaches I posted the other day was REALLY quick and easy.  The most "work" involved was slicing the peaches and onion.  The chops go on the grill with just EVOO, S&P and then you serve with a salad- also easy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecmyers6278:

Here's another recipe I liked a lot. If I think of any more, I'll let you know. But check out the site and then click on Slow Cooker Recipes.

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-and-Dumplings/Detail.aspx

I LOVE that recipe!  We use it a lot... especially when DH is gone because my good friends that eat over a lot LOVE it bunches.  We usually do 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of celery though... its not quite as rich that way which means I can shovel more in!  (I usually serve it with green beans)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Do you like sausage? ?I like to bake italian sausage, peppers and onions in the oven. ?Super easy and fast. ?
    Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Enchilada Casserole..its super easy and if you make a big batch it tastes yummy even warmed up in the microwave as left overs.

All you need is: Ground Beef, Shredded Cheese, corn tortillas and a big can of enchilada (or mole) sauce. And sour cream to top it with.

You cook the ground beef and season with taco season then in a casserole dish you alternate layering tortillas, meat, cheese and sauce (ending with cheese on top). Cook for 30 minutes on 350 and top with sour cream. the prep time is really quick.

p.s. you can also freeze it for eating later and it still tastes good heated up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"