Houston Babies
Options

here's an odd question

does anyone know if any of the stores behind security at Hobby sell whole milk?

Re: here's an odd question

• Options
    I have no idea.  But if you are needing milk for M, I don't think one cup of 2% is going to do any damage.  Of course, whole is better (per most pedis) but an occasional cup of 2% should be fine.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We always get our milk on the plane.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    good point about getting it on the plane - and i just looked it up and they have a coffee shop so they should have whole milk
  • Options
    Just in case of an emergency and they don't sell any milk, I would get some of those small pack Horizon milk.  It's low fat, but does have a decent amount of fat in them.  And you don't have to keep it refridgerated.  They won't have an issue with you putting it through the check point. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options

We always got it on the plane, too.  And we just gave her whatever 2%, 1%, when we were travelling.

We actually switched to 2% on our pedi's leading shortly after 1 because she wouldn't drink whole.  Crazy kid. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

so far, our first day of 100% whole milk is going great - she's on her third 6oz cup of it.  we've been slowly switching her for the past two weeks and she hasn't seemed to notice.

I bought some of the horizon things because they were on sale at kroger and she loves them, even though she doesn't have a full understanding of how to use a straw.

• Options

FWIW, a lot of pedis are suggesting skipping the entire "whole milk" stage altogether...and having people go directly to 2% from the get-go.

So I'm sure it will be fine....it's just not as "sweet" so hopefully she'll still drink it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCallMeKel:

FWIW, a lot of pedis are suggesting skipping the entire "whole milk" stage altogether...and having people go directly to 2% from the get-go.

Yeah, but some scrawny milk-addicts are still on whole milk after the 2yr checkup... <sigh> I was so looking forward to just buying one kind of milk.

I always get whole milk from starbucks when I'm out and about. They sell Horizon boxes, but you get more for your money when you buy a kids milk and it can be whole milk.

- Jena
  • Options

We just flew this past weekend and they let us through security with a couple of bottles of milk. No questions asked.

• Options

I dont think you'll have a problem with bottles.   When you travel with a baby they usually make you go in a "family line" anyway.   My worry is getting DS to go through the detecters by himself without shoes.  First taking his shoes off anywhere is a nightmare (he would sleep with them if he could) then getting to walk towards a complete stranger without me.   The last trip was extemely stressful. 

• Options

They always allow me to carry DD through security (she has no problem walking away - she'll just make a break for it!).

And we always bring those horizon milk boxes. You just need to pull them out of your bag and hold up you kid :)

• Options
    We've flown with formula now three times and each time, they piss me off with the testing because they always make me unscrew the lids and then walk off and leave me trying to wrangle Marion back into the sling and not spill the formula (which has happened.)  So I just wanted to avoid that hassle this time since she's much more mobile than our last flight just a month ago and I know it's going to be even harder keeping her just in my arms (because they've also made me take her out of the sling each time.)
  • Options
    We flew this past week and yes, several stores did have milk to buy.  A heads up though, if you are flying Southwest, they do not offer milk on the plane.  We found this out the hard way.
  • Options

That stinks that they make you open formula bottles :(

The milk boxes they test about 1/3 the time but they swipe the top, you never have to open them (assuming they're already sealed).

• Options
    When I first read the question, I thought it said, "Does anyone know a store behind Hobby Lobby that sells milk?"
  • Options

imagehoucoog:
    We flew this past week and yes, several stores did have milk to buy.  A heads up though, if you are flying Southwest, they do not offer milk on the plane.  We found this out the hard way.

you're kidding me!  that totally sucks!  and of course, its who we are flying

• Options
    Agreed.  We ended up giving him apple juice instead, which he would not touch.  I was surprised by this as well.
  • Options

imageNanner:
    When I first read the question, I thought it said, "Does anyone know a store behind Hobby Lobby that sells milk?"

LOL, I read it like that too! I just flew with Rena last week and they let me go through security with a sippy filled with milk and one with water/juice.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"