Mississippi Babies
Options

Prenatal Yoga

I've been having some strange back pain lately (beyond the normal muscle aches).  No matter which position I sit, lie, stand, stretch in, they don't seem to go away or get any better.  Tylenol has never worked very well for me, so I'm starting to look into other options.

I'm sure the desk job isn't helping, but now that everyone in the office knows I'm pg, I don't care what they think when I have to prop my feet up. :)

I used to do a lot of yoga in high school (4 years ago) and I agree with all the pg-lady-benefits people talk about concerning prenatal yoga, etc.  In Oxford, there is the Southern Star Yoga Center in the midtown shopping center and prenatal yoga is on their class list, but not on the schedule.

I know a lot of pg ladies who do yoga and swear by it, but I wanted to get some opinions before I shell out for the year-membership.  If they won't offer prenatal, is "gentle yoga" my only option? 

Take a look at this site, and if you're in the Oxford area, let's give it a shot. :)
Southern Star Yoga

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Prenatal Yoga

• Options

I was pretty active my entire pregnancy. I walked about 2 miles daily until I had to waddle only 1 and did water aerobics in the 1st and 2nd tri. Any activity will definately help you in the delivery room. Luckily I only had to push 15 min (but we won't talk about my long.ass. induction *shudder*)

Good Luck!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I took a restorative yoga class before I became pregnant. I think it would be a good class to consider since it consists mainly of groundwork.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"