Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

announcing baby??

2»

Re: announcing baby??

• Options

Both sets of grandparents live out of town, but in the same city, so we thought about flying into town and having them meet us for dinner. Instead of picking a restaurant, we'd give them the address for Babies R Us.

I told DH that my boobs had been sore for the past week and that I thought that I should pick up a test. When it came up positive, he said that he knew already.

• Options

I know how I'm going to tell my husband. I already bought it. lol. I bought a baby books for dads.  It's called "Congratulations, You're Going to be a Dad!"  It'll pretty much tell him itself. lol.

For my In-laws, I know we'll have to have a camera (my mother-in-law is a "screamer" as in if she's the slightest bit surprised, she screams.)  I'm thinking about designing a shirt and getting it from cafepress.com that has a list of all MIL's grandkids plus "Baby Jackson" and see if she notices (i'm sure she will and she will scream).  I don't think we'll do anything special for my parents.  They don't want us to have kids for a few years at LEAST.

For my DH's siblings, I'm thinking about buy a couple bags of personalized M&M's online announcing it and putting them in a bowl and bringing them to a family gathering and video taping while waiting for someone to notice. Not sure how I'll tell my own sisters.

For my friends, I'm going to make a cake in the shape of a pregnancy test. I think that'll be a nice surprise for them. :)

J. Jackson

Feb '14 March Siggy Challenge: Face Slaps

Daisypath - (SVGA)
    Lilypie - (xd4F)
    Lilypie - (jQcs)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was thinking of wearing a shirt that says something like "Hot Mom" to my parents' house. for my husband, I want to give him a small box with a pair of baby Chuck Taylors in it (since we both LOVE Converse) and the test. Probably get my sisters something that says they are going to be an Aunt. Not sure about that one yet.
    Visit The Nest! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I made two frames and typed on baby paper...one for my parents (who have 4 grandchildren already) that said "Our 5th grandbaby will be here in March 2010" and this will be my MIL's first, so her's said "I am going to be a Grandma in March 2010". I put them in gift bags and we brought them over to both of them to open. Now, both sets of parents have their frames out in their family rooms (my parents have their's right next to their framed pics of their other grandkids). It's really cute. I didn't know how excited my parents would be since this will be their 5th, but they were just as excited as my MIL. It was really fun!

• Options
    We have another Hot Topic on our hands, GP. Smile
  • Options

For DH, I used a dry erase marker and wrote on our bathroom mirror so that it was the first thing he saw in the morning. I wrote "Good Morning Daddy! Love Baby"

For our parents we did the face poem

For all our friends (which are all over the US) I sent out a mass email that was a mini slideshow. Each slide said- 1) April 9th is coming fast..... 2) Why is that important you ask? 3) The doctor thinks that's the day.... 4) Baby ______ will be on the way!

• Options

My hubby I'll probably just take the test and we'll find out together.  But for our parents i'm creating a picture book.  It's kinda a joke, but our parents give us a hard time about our dog (furbaby).  They say that we treat him like he's human, and we refer to them as grandma and grandpa to the dog.  So i'm creating a picture book off all our dog pictures, like ones we we first got him and ones of when he lost his puppy teeth and his permanent teeth were coming in and just other pictures of him.  Just when they start to make fun of us for giving them a silly picture book of the dog.... and we are getting him a shirt that says "i'm going to be a big brother" and on one of the last pages it'll be a picture of him wearing the shirt.  then on the page next to it will be a picture of the sonogram and this little poem/note (which i found on thebump a couple years ago):

Dear Grandma & Grandpa

Here is a little peak at me, it shows I'm on my way,
    Little grandbabies like me, don't happen everyday.
    I'm busy growing strong, and someday soon we'll meet,
    I can't wait for your hugs and kisses, they will be so sweet.
    For now, just dream of me and all the things we'll do,
    Explore, sing, laugh and play, just to name a few.
    Save a special place for me to grow inside your heart,
    We will be forever great friends, a love that never parts.
    I hope you'll share your joy with friends both new and old,
    A new little grandbaby to love, will soon be yours to hold.

Baby "last Name"
    estimated arrival ~ DATE

• Options
    That is hilarious!!  I just showed my husband that onesie and he is going to buy it!  He is completely obsessed with computers (also in IT).
  • Options
    I'd like to place a bet. Who'll go $10 to say this post will be still going a week from today?
  • Options

imageCathyMD:
    I'd like to place a bet. Who'll go $10 to say this post will be still going a week from today?

I'm so not betting against that, you'll win. This is the new "choose your month" post.

• Options
    My husband was working out of town when I found out I was pregnant. I picked up a frame that says "I heart My Daddy!" and put a picture of the pregnancy test in it. When I shipped it, I told him it was an early Valentine's present and to call me before he opened it. It was so hard to keep my mouth shut and not tell him over the phone. It took four days for him to receive it. Talk about a long wait! I guess waiting for the baby is even LONGER!?
  • Options
    LOL... how cute! about the stucklings!
  • Options
    Awww! that would be so perfect for my parents, they make the "priceless" jokes often in birthday cards.
  • Options

My brother and I are "Family Guy" fans and whenever we call our mother and she answers the phone, we say "Ma, Ma, Mummy, Mom! Mummy! Ma, Ma..." in our best Stewie Griffin voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8

Well, I found out that my brother's wife and I were both expecting around the same time - so I had matching onesies made up that said "Ma, Ma, Mummy, Mom!" 

We took the whole family out for breakfast one morning before my sister's bridal shower and after we ordered our food I told my brother and his wife that we had a gift for them. We handed them a gift bag with the onesies wrapped separately inside.

My brother's wife opened the first one and read the card enclosed that said "This onesie's for your new little bundle of joy! Congrats!"

Then she opened the second and saw that I had enclosed our sonogram pic with a card that said "This onesie's for MY new bundle of joy! Congrats Aunt & Uncle!"

It took them a few seconds to really register what they were reading and then it was all smiles and hugs and total family excitement  :)

I couldn't have imagined it going any better than it did!

• Options
    imageengrider18:

imageCathyMD:

I'm so not betting against that, you'll win. This is the new "choose your month" post.

lol. It sure is!

• Options

I love all of these ideas ~ great post because I've been wondering how I'll do my announcements, too. 

A friend of mine announced to her friends and family in such a creative way, that I may steal her idea:

They set the camera up on timer (a usual activity with friend/family gatherings) and right before the timer went off the H yelled, "on the count of three say, 'J's pregnant'!!"  Right then the camera went off and they forever have that first reaction in print!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

LOVE your ideas, especially about the dogs. My beagle does the same to my MIL, so I might steal your idea Wink If it's in a see-through plastic bag, she wouldn't have to touch it to see what it was...for all those nay-sayers out there.

For DH, I bought some toddler utensils and I plan to have the table set for an extra person with a BFP test across the little plate. If I can afford it, I will buy the high chair and have it set up when he gets home, too.

For MIL, until I saw your idea, I bought kiddie books. The note was gonna say "Dear Gama, Please read these to me when I arrive. Love, #2's #1" (DH is the youngest of 2, so they always joke about his brother being the #1 son and him being the #2 son)

I hadn't the foggiest for how to tell my parents. We're not very close. I'll probably just call or something.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options
    Love this idea! That is so cute! (Ok, I didn't realize it was gonna post like that...that was supposed to be about the AmEx commercial)
    My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options

For my husband I bought a hilarious book titled, "So you're going to be a Dad," and a bib that says, "I heart Daddy" on it and left them on the table. His reaction was priceless! It was amazing to watch the wheels turning and the dots connecting! Pregnancy books aren't just for mommy's... my husband LOVES his book! :)

And for immediate family we are meeting them all out tomorrow night for dinner at a pizza place, and we are bringing paper plates that say "baby" on them with differnt baby designs on them. I am going to hand them off to the wiatress/waiter and ask that when they bring the pizzas and the plates, that they bring our plates to the table and we will sit back and watch everyon's reaction! I cannot wait! (We also bought some after dinner mints with the words "baby" on it in blue and pink for after dinner.) 

Lastly for friends, I would like to mail oe email off cards with just a picture of an oven with a bun in it, and wait for the calls to come in... but we may end up just telling everyone by word of mouth!

Good luck and have fun!!!  :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I like your idea about a themed announcement.  If we are pregnant by Christmas, I want to do Grandma/Grandpa cards for our parents and then maybe add some of your ideas like the POPtarts and GRAMcrackers.....for my two brothers and sister, I think it'd be fun to do a personalized shirt that says "Crazy Uncle Bryce" or "I love my Auntie Trisha" and give it from their future nephew/niece.  I've decided that if I'm at least 12 weeks by the Holidays, I will announce it, otherwise I'll wait a bit and do something special then.  Good luck to you and I hope everyone is surprised and happy! 

• Options
    imageMrs. BZ:

For my inlaws I thought that I would put a BFP test in a plastic bag and attatch it to their collars..

This made me laugh.

LOL, me too!  I pictured older folks with collars on!

I will probably tell DH ASAP, without much thought to being cute.  I have actually thought about this, and I'm a little weird about how I will tell others.  Losing a first pregnancy robs you of something, and I'm a little scared of making another announcement.

• Options
    That is the best one I've heard yet!!! I might have to steal it when we get pregnant :-D Thanks!
  • Options

I love your ideas.  DH and I will find out together and we had thought we would order bibs or onesies that stayed "I love my Nana", etc. but I love the picture frame idea. 

• Options
    We found out we were pregnant on Christmas Eve.  We we were doing alot of adults for Christmas just the kids but we made the priceless cards and gave everyone one to open at the same time.  It said "Visit to the Queen Mary - $35, Dinner on the Queen Mary $65, Realizing there is another (Last Name) in the the picture - Priceless.  We used a pic from our visit to the Queen Mary and it was funny because they all said at first they thought we were going to the Queen Mary together.  For telling everyone if we had a boy or girl, we did it when everyone was together on Easter.  We gave the kids all a plastic Easter egg with a pink Peep inside.  So they got to find out what their cousin was first.  For my husband's side of the family we did the cake thing with the frosting color inside.  So his mom asked me to bring dessert.  I had a cake made up with pink and blue peeps on it and a ? on the top.  No one knew we found out.  When it was time for dessert, we cut in and they freaked to see the pink frosting!  Have fun!
  • Options

imageSheer1005:
    We found out we were pregnant on Christmas Eve.  We we were doing alot of adults for Christmas just the kids but we made the priceless cards and gave everyone one to open at the same time.  It said "Visit to the Queen Mary - $35, Dinner on the Queen Mary $65, Realizing there is another (Last Name) in the the picture - Priceless.  We used a pic from our visit to the Queen Mary and it was funny because they all said at first they thought we were going to the Queen Mary together.  For telling everyone if we had a boy or girl, we did it when everyone was together on Easter.  We gave the kids all a plastic Easter egg with a pink Peep inside.  So they got to find out what their cousin was first.  For my husband's side of the family we did the cake thing with the frosting color inside.  So his mom asked me to bring dessert.  I had a cake made up with pink and blue peeps on it and a ? on the top.  No one knew we found out.  When it was time for dessert, we cut in and they freaked to see the pink frosting!  Have fun!

I absolutely love your ideas! The frosting in the cake is definitely something i'll have to steal once we finally get our BFP and start planning ahead!

I just always figured that because there's a family birthday every single month of the year, we'll just get a bib that says "I love my ____" for whoevers birthday happens to be in the month we decide to announce it! Now that i've seen all these great ideas, though, that seems pretty bland!

• Options

imageprincess48533:
    I always wanted to do one of the priceless AMEX commercials. Get a hinged frame and one side would be a picture of me and DH and the other side do something on the computer like "Digital camera $150, photo printing $3, Realizing that there are 3 people in this photo -Priceless"

Yeah, so I love this one and will definitely be stealing it when that day comes!

• Options
    imagejlh7401:

imageprincess48533:
    I always wanted to do one of the priceless AMEX commercials. Get a hinged frame and one side would be a picture of me and DH and the other side do something on the computer like "Digital camera $150, photo printing $3, Realizing that there are 3 people in this photo -Priceless"

Yeah, so I love this one and will definitely be stealing it when that day comes!

I absolutely love this one too! So cute! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    haha This is my plan with my parents and inlaws!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband is a hard core college basketball fan.  We joke that all he owns/wears are Marquette Basketball tshirts.  I bought a newborn sized  Marquette Basketball tshirt to give him when the time comes.  He will love it!
  • Options

I pre-ordered custom fortune cookies that say " CONGRATS DADDY. WE'RE PREGNANT!". I usually pick up Chinese Food once ever other week or so, so I am gonna swap out the fortune cookies with my custom ones. Can't wait to POAS and get a positive!Smile

Good Luck to all of you on here. Great ideas!

• Options

For my husband, I'm going to just give him the test (or if I'm too impatient I'll send him a picture test with the positive result.)

For my parents, I'm doing something a little off-kilter. My mom told me how pregnancy tests were done before the blood test or the over-the-counter tests we have now. They would inject a rabbit with the woman's urine and if the rabbit passed away it meant the woman was pregnant. SO I'll be sending a stuffed animal bunny to my parents with a note that says "they bunny died" ...they should get the hint :)

For my in-laws I'll probobly get t-shirts that say nonni and poppa on them and give it to them.

and for all our siblinges we'll be giving out shirts that say aunt or uncle so-and-so.

for the rest of the family, I'll be sending out cards along the lines of saying like "coming soon" or save the date.

• Options
    We have a shirt that we will give my father that says 'One cool Grandpa' :)  I'm on the lookout for something to give my mom at the same time.  But some of your ideas are GREAT!!  I'm not sure if I will be able to wait to tell my hubby.  He might find out when I do.  Might have to save the AMEX idea for a second child!  LOL  I think we will just tell the rest of our families.  For hubby's side, he will tell his grandma (raised by her) and SHE will tell everyone else.  That's how our engagement announcement went :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"