South Florida Babies
Options

confession (and vent!)

I'm still in my pajamas.

it's dark and rainy out and i have absolutely no motivation to do anything.  i'm exhausted and hungry (i'm always hungry now.  ugh) and the house needs to be picked up and scrubbed ceiling to floor and tons of laundry needs to be done and all i want to do is curl up on the couch with a good book and a big fluffy blanket.

instead, my back has about 4 knots wedged under my ribs and shoulder blad from carrying abby and i'm trying my hardest not get frustrated because abby only wants me to hold her hands so she can walk around.  if i put her down to sit or on her belly, she has a fit (yeah, she's throwing real fits now) and pulls herself up on anything.  However, these "anythings" she's pulling herself up on have no real grips and she winds up falling over and smacking her head.  so i cna'[t even go to the bathroom wtihout putting her in the pack n play and listen to her holler for 3 minutes.  She's definitely in a mood.  I guess so am I :-D

What's with throwing fits??  I mean, they're all out throwing herself on her back, kicking her legs and pounding the floor with her fists.  I think she's going to be quite a handful from here on out...

Re: confession (and vent!)

• Options

Hey sweetie. If its any consolation, I would love to be at home reading, too!!!

I am not sure how much room you have but can I make a suggestion? Have you thought of making a play area, totally kid friendly, for Abby to play in? When Sophia was about that age we stopped using the PNP and started using this. Sometimes closed and most times we were able to just cut in half a baby proofed room and hold it up with a chair (that worked until she got older, stronger, and smarter). It was a LIFE saver when Sophia started getting mobile. Gave us a lot of piece of mind.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we took out our glass coffee table in our living room and converted it into mady's "play room", she has all her mobile toys there so she can push them and play with....we also bought a gate to prevent her from going into the kitchen, she needs to learn to entertain herself so you can also be able to do things around the house. i say start removing anything she can trip/slip on out of her way now you don't want to have an accident ;)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

these are our gates:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265784

we have one that blocks the entrance from the living room to the kitchen and another that blocks the stairs (from upstairs)

if you cant remove big furniture i suggest this (erin has it):

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3265056

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMellyMelB:

I am not sure how much room you have but can I make a suggestion? Have you thought of making a play area, totally kid friendly, for Abby to play in? When Sophia was about that age we stopped using the PNP and started using this. Sometimes closed and most times we were able to just cut in half a baby proofed room and hold it up with a chair (that worked until she got older, stronger, and smarter). It was a LIFE saver when Sophia started getting mobile. Gave us a lot of piece of mind.

• Options
    imageMellyMelB:

I completely agree!!! I think u and I have had this convo before...why havent u purchased it yet?? lol!. Joshua pulls himself up to stand in there and does laps around it. it will definetly help abby develop a sense of independence in a safe environment and give ur poor back some relief. its a great investment.

• Options
    imagekvwerne:
    imageMellyMelB:

well we got rid of our coffee table and bought an 8x5 rug for the floor.  what size play yard do you have?  we checked out the box, without the extension, and it's only a 4x4 space for her to play in.  did you get the extension? 

our house is a good size house, we just weren't really expecting, well, to expect a #2 just yet.  So even though we have room now, we're trying to get her adjusted to life outside of what was going to become her playroom.

I completely agree!!! I think u and I have had this convo before...why havent u purchased it yet?? lol!. Joshua pulls himself up to stand in there and does laps around it. it will definetly help abby develop a sense of independence in a safe environment and give ur poor back some relief. its a great investment.

• Options
    OH my goodness....I say stay in your PJs and enjoy the day! I wish i was home too reading my book or watching the Sex and the City Seasons on DVD! I agree with Mel and Eve, you should get allllll her toys and have her enjoy them. Take all the thigns that can hurt her away and get yourself a gate thingy.  I think you need to let her cry- she does need to understand that she needs to play by herself. If you carry her all the time what is going to happen with the new baby?
  • Options
    The one I got is not 4X4 its actually 6 sided. I did not get the extension because I used it mostly to divide the room in half but my mom, who has an in home daycare, uses the extension inside and out for her kids. I got mine from BRU but I have seen it on onestepahead.com, too.
  • Options
    imagebritishbride05:
    imagekvwerne:
    imageMellyMelB:

well we got rid of our coffee table and bought an 8x5 rug for the floor.  what size play yard do you have?  we checked out the box, without the extension, and it's only a 4x4 space for her to play in.  did you get the extension? 

our house is a good size house, we just weren't really expecting, well, to expect a #2 just yet.  So even though we have room now, we're trying to get her adjusted to life outside of what was going to become her playroom.

We didn't get the extension b/c we have no room. We put it in the office which has now turned into his playroom. We had to get rid of the bookshelf for it to fit. And you will be amazed at how large it is. 4x4 might not be so big to u and i but to abby and Joshua, its a large space. And david fits in there fine and plays with him.  My mom extended it with 2 more panels and it is much bigger..but she has this huge room that fits it comfortably.

• Options

Ugh, yea, today's weather stinks! L is napping now, but I was hoping to go out to the pool or the backyard for a while.

I agree with Mel in that she may need more room. We ended converting our family room into a semi-playroom. We pushed the coffee table and sofa to the sides, and took out our area rug. In the center of the room, we placed similar gates (only ours are blue, red, and yellow and I got them on ebay) with 8 sides over the foam alphabet letters. We put all his downstairs toys in there and it was a success. Now, he still uses it, alhtough he goes in and out at leisure and whenever we have kids over, it's a hit. My cleaning lady sometimes brings her 10-month-old granddaughter, and she can put her in there and have peace of mind. And the baby LOVES it. We got it once L walked, but for the baby learning to walk, the toys can be pyt in the middle and then s/he has a large area to hold onto and practice walking.

I'm going to take a pic or two to show you what I mean.

• Options

Ok, here is a pic - sorry for the poor quality but I had to take it with my phone.

• Options
    imageMrsTweetybride:

Ok, here is a pic - sorry for the poor quality but I had to take it with my phone.

OMG that is soooo cute!!! what a great play area!!

Jen, I'll also post on here a pic of our setup at my moms house. Its the superyard with 2 panels extension.

• Options
    Oh my! Alex, can I come over and play???
  • Options
    LOL sure, Mel! :) C'mon over!
  • Options
    omg you guys, those set ups are awesome!!  i love it!!  ok, i'm sold.  i'm buying it tomorrow :)
  • Options
    imageCesEve99:

these are our gates:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265784

we have one that blocks the entrance from the living room to the kitchen and another that blocks the stairs (from upstairs)

if you cant remove big furniture i suggest this (erin has it):

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3265056

Ah yes, my big ugly bumper thing...completely tacky but does the trick ;)

I also have the big gray play yard and it's awesome, totally recommend it! Hang in there, Abby's just about to start a new phase in her development and whenever the girls started something big (like crawling) they would be the whiniest things you can imagine!

• Options
    The 'octagon' is my BFF! We set it up and bought the extra thick foam to go under it. Its so amazingly wonderful! I'm such a baby whore and totally love to hold and cuddle them, but I need ME time, to go to the bathroom, clean the house, to facebook! Have you ever seen that commercial for Cord Blood banking, where they say "That cord blood saved my sons life"? Thats how I feel about the octagon. "That octagon saved my sons life!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"