Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

HELP!

I'm in desperate need of advice or encouragement or something. My DS is STILL not sleeping through the night. OK, most nights he does sleep until 4 or 4:30 which I guess is technically sleeping through the night, but not near where I'd like him to be. But that's not even my complaint. For the past month or so he has been waking up at 2 or 2:30 at least three times a week. Sometimes he'll go right back to sleep and other times it is hours before he will. Last night my DH tried rocking him for about 30 minutes and he was just wide awake so he put him in his crib and we let him cry for about 45 mintues (please no flames). He was showing no signs of letting up so I got him out and rocked him, but he wouldn't calm down until I nursed him. And he wasn't hungry because he barely ate anything and he was out like a light. But then he only stayed asleep for about 45 minutes after that. I am so tired I can't even think straight. We are feeding him more at night and that seemed to help for a few days and then he was back to waking up. Any ideas ladies?? Oh, and I don't think he is teething b/c he doesn't show any other signs of teething (yes, we are still gummy).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HELP!

• Options

We had the same situation happen around that age. CIO hasn't worked on DD so we just suffered through it. It eventually passed.

We are going to Ferber soon, hopefully.

Sorry I dont have much advice... just sympathy.

• Options

Are you putting him in his crib at night while he is still awake? Do you have a night time routine? Here are some suggestions.

If you do not have a routine, get one fast. Bath at the same time every night, followed by baby massage with scented baby lotion. Story time, bottle, then bed. Make sure you keep him awake until you put him in the crib. I know that part can be hard after a bottle though. If he starts to cry.... let him!

I suggest ferber although a ton of people are against it. My 3 year old is completely heathly and happy and we used ferber with him. With both my boys we had to do it a couple of times as they got a little older but only the first time is really bad. GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"