Houston Babies
Options

Best Convertible Carseat?

Preferably under $100.  And easy to take apart to clean?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best Convertible Carseat?

• Options

We have two Britax Roundabouts and I love them.  I'm what you might call "Carseat Clueless" as far as installation goes, but I've never had a problem taking the cover on and off the Roundabout or taking it out and putting it back in (except maybe when I was big and pregnant.)

My older daughter used to have a severe vomiting problem and I had to clean her carseat constantly.  It was always very straightforward to clean up the Roundabout.  Sarah is 3 years old now and isn't close yet to outgrowing her seat.  She's in the 97% for height and weighs 35 pounds, so we're getting close but I think we *may* actually make it to booster seat age when that happens.

I don't think you could find it for under $100 but you might could find it for fairly cheap on www.albeebaby.com.

• Options

We have 2 Cosco Alpha Omega Elite convertible carseats... I love them, they go up to 100lbs  as a booster as well, so we will be using at least one of them for a long time.  (and hey, now we have one for the one on the way too! lol) I didn't pay more than 100 dollars for either one of them.  One I think I paid 99 + tax for at BRU.  The other I bought on a whim b/c it was the same seat, with a different pattern at Big Lots, for 79+tax.  

ETA:  They aren't HARD to take apart to clean, but it's not the easiest either, since the headrest part is detachable (it moves up and down for the kiddos height, rather than having to take the belts out and rework them through the higher openings).  I didn't have any issues... It's just not a pull off/pull on kind of easy.

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

FYI - I just received an e-mail that this carseat is on sale at BRU tomorrow and Saturday for $109.99

See: https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/corp/073109-2DaySale.pdf?EDID=2HU37A-DXQOR-EIRNL6-7A1KT1-KPA2R-v1

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"