Texas Babies

car seat checks

Where did you take your carseat to get it inspected?  We've installed ours - seemingly successfully - but I'd like to get them looked at.  

Does wherever you went require an appointment?  We're kind of down to the wire, so I'd like to be sure I can go ASAP.   

Re: car seat checks

• I delivered at Methodist Hospital, so we went through them.  We did our "Buckle Up Baby" class there and so we get free car seat installations..  Try giving them a call and I'm sure they can set you up with an appointment!  It never takes long for me to get in.
  • University Hospital will do them...I think they charge $25 unless you've gone through their classes & delivered there.
  • Loading the player...
  • They have free installations at University Hospital too.  But you do have to make an appointment.  358-4295   They do them M-W, 9-11am
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you live in the Schertz/Universal City area the local PD does it free.  They check it and make sure that all is okay and I think the BRU on Rector installs them too.  Hope this helps & Congrats on the new little one.

~V

• I would just make sure that the people installing it are Child Passenger Safety Technicians. This is a particular certification offered nationally. Most people who install at hospitals will be CPS technicians, but some PD and people at places like BRU may not be. ?It should take anywhere from 15-30 minutes to properly install your child seat and they should take the time to show you different safety features, and what you should make sure to do if you install it yourself.

I just wrote a whole grant to get funding for a child seat installation program, so I'm a little bit on overload about all of this stuff right now. =)?

• I have a brochure that says you can take it to your local fire department and they can check it there. Try that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"