Two Under 2
Options

Today I will attempt the grocery store

with both of them.  I have a carrier for DD and DS loves the cart.  Wish me luck!

Last week was my first week alone with them (DH went back to work) and honestly it wasn't that bad.  It got a little hectic when they were both up and I needed to nurse DD, but all in all it was manageable

I am under NO assumption that this will continue - I am sure there will be very trying times ahead.  But every successful day gives me more confidence.  I am keeping my anxiety in check by just taking it day by day

It also helps that DD has been sleeping pretty well.  Crossing fingers that continues!!

DS 3.12.08
DD 7.11.09
DD 8.01.13

Re: Today I will attempt the grocery store

• Options

Eeek!  Good luck, and let us know how it goes!  This is a big fear of mine.

I'm trying to figure out how I'll get them both into the store.  If carts are in the parking lot, okay, park by the cart return.  But my grocery store has carry-out boys and so the carts are kept inside the store.  I don't know how I'll get both kids and my purse into the store.  I have three months and DS *just* started taking steps, so I doubt he'll be an accomplished enough walker by then...

Anyone know?

• Options
    You'll do fine!  Some advice if you want it, I usually take a basket or two and put them under the cart.  Since your carrier will be in the large part, and your older child in the front, this allows me more space for shopping.  Good Luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

YOu will do great. You are already ahead of the game by getting a carrier for the little one.  Will help you make room in the basket.  Just be sure to feed her before you leave, change diaper, and you are all good. 

Have fun!

• Options
    Do you mean a car seat carrier or bjorn type carrier?  When I put the baby in the car seat carrier in the main part of the cart in the beginning I could only get a few groceries.  When I started using the bjorn I could get a lot more, of course.  I learned the hard way that it's better to put my toddler in the cart first and then put the baby in the bjorn carrier.  Then I put my diaper bag in the main part of the cart.  It gets easier each time.  Except now my baby is getting really heavy.  I don't know what I'll do next, let DD #1 walk or use one of those humungo carts with 2 seats.  Oh joy.  GL!
  • Options

It was a total success!  I used a Snugli carrier that my sister gave me because they don't use it anymore. I always park near the cart return but today there weren't any carts in there.  Luckily, someone left a cart in the parking lot.  I put DS in the front with his cart cover then got DD situated in the snugli.  She was even awake for a good part of the trip, looking around.

At the end I put them both in their carseats, put the groceries in the car, locked it and put the cart away.  I can't even express how relieved I am that I know I can do errands with both of them!

I have a maya wrap (ring sling) but it didn't feel quite as secure as I would like.  A friend is also going to lend me her Bjorn so I can see which one I like best.  I also saw an adorable infantino carrier in pink and brown.  I considered a moby, but it just seems too complicated to do in the parking lot of a store.  But however you do it, babywearing is the way to go!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    imageeaglesfan700:

I considered a moby, but it just seems too complicated to do in the parking lot of a store.  But however you do it, babywearing is the way to go!

So glad it went well!

In regards to the Moby, I used it with number 1 and I would put it on before I left the house :)

• Options
    Once you do the moby a few times it is easy on the fly. Though I love my Ergo the best.
  • Options
    imageeaglesfan700:

It was a total success! 

You are my hero!  And you give me lots of encouragement... today is my first day alone with 2 and I'm *considering* attempting the grocery store tomorrow.  I don't have much to get, but I need to tackle the store at some point...

FWIW, like the pp said I used to do the Moby before I left the house so when I got to the store, I could just plop DS into it.  I have an Ergo now and plan to use that at the store.  I also have a Bjorn and it's super easy for grocery shopping with also.

PP - I love the idea of baskets under the cart!  I will totally keep that in mind if I ever end up with a kid in the cart!

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imageeaglesfan700:

It was a total success! 

I'm so glad you posted this topic. It's probably my biggest fear about having 2 under 2 and there are a lot of great tips in this post! So glad to hear it's doable and not completely stressful!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Mama Jan and pawleygirl - you guys can do it!  I am also telling myself that it will not always be as smooth as yesterday was, but that I will handle it!  GL!

We might attempt Target today:)

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything went well!! I think I'm going to have to invest in another wrap or carrier besides my moby. That thing is so friggin tricky and since I will have both of the littles ones in winter, I'm not sure how its going to work!
  • Options

imageJARbaby:
    Once you do the moby a few times it is easy on the fly. Though I love my Ergo the best.

I love my ergo too! It is so easy and so comfortable, even when the baby gets heavy, unlike the bjorn. This is definitely my plan once #2 arrives! It's especially good in the winter because it's really cozy in there.?

• Options
    imagepawleygirl77:
    imageeaglesfan700:

It was a total success! 

I'm so glad you posted this topic. It's probably my biggest fear about having 2 under 2 and there are a lot of great tips in this post! So glad to hear it's doable and not completely stressful!

Ditto this!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"