Two Under 2
Options

TTC #2 question

How old was your 1st LO when you began trying?  or when you turned up pg? When is it "safe" for your body?

I plan on talking to my doctor before trying but wondered what others knew on here! 

TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC #2 question

• Options
    The Dr told us to wait tell 6 months so as soon as six months hit we started trying and found out we were having DS#2 at about 8 months.
    Wedding 6.18.04 Cole 11.20.06 Gavin 3.31.08 Parker 07.15.10 Logan 04.03.12
  • Options
    Both pedi and obgyn recomend at least 18 months between each birth.  We started trying about a week before DS turned one.  I haven't gotten a bfp yet but we are still trying (second month).  HTH!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB said 6 months too - but we had a little surprise at 5 months.
  • Options
    My doctor said to wait 1yr between pg but we started TTC #2 and got pg the first month trying when DS was 9mos.
    imageimage
  • Options
    LO was 8 mos when i got pg.  OB never did say when it would be ok to start trying again.  we'd planned on when DD was 1 yr, but things happened a tad earlier. 
  • Options

We started TTC #2 when DD was just over 10 months old.  I got my BFP when she was almost 14 months old.

I've heard you should wait 6 months before getting pregnant again.

Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OBG had said that for your body to really totally heal it is best to wait at least 16-18 months but that getting pregnant sooner is not going to harm you - your body might just not bounce back as fast which is totally what happened with me the second time around.  I got pregnant when DD#1 was 1 year and 2 weeks and my girls are 21 months apart.  Funny thing is my OB had an unexpected pregnacy with her third and her 2 youngest are 18 months apart.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

DS was 7 months when I got pg.  We weren't actively trying, but we weren't preventing either.  We knew we didn't want to wait too long so we just figured we would not use bc and see what happened.

My OB had actually joked at my annual that he was pretty sure he would be seeing me again before my next annual, lol.

My L&D and recovery this time around was way better than with DS and I had a 3rd degree tear this time (DS I had a 2nd degree tear).   I believe that chasing after DS kept me in much better shape throughout the pregnancy.  I am sure it is different for everyone though

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    NannaNanna member
    A lot of health organizations and OBs (including mine) recommend waiting at least 2 years between pregnancies (because there is an increased risk of low birth weight or PTL in subsequent pregnancies that are closer together than that). ?We decided the risk was worth it to us because we really wanted our children close in age. ?We planned to start trying as soon as AF returned PP. ?DS self-weaned at 9 months and I got PG my first PP ovulatory cycle. ?Our children will be 18 months apart.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"