Minnesota Babies

would you say anything?

so we custom ordered our bedding from Baby Grand in St. Paul. Anyhow, we ordered in April, and they said 5-6 weeks. After calling over the past month, it finally got here and i picked it up on Saturday. Anyhow, there are some concerns I have which seem minimal, but I am upset as I feel like if you are ordering your bedding/having it made through a store, then there shouldn't be crappy workmanship - - such as 

1) Pattern on valance is cut crooked, corners on valance are different (one squared off and one angled

2) seams on bumper and on valance do not match up - - instead of using one bolt of fabric, when she had to cut/match the seams they don't exactly match up so the pattern is off. 1 of the sections of bumper isn't as filled as the others

3) the blanket isn't even the size of the crib. I guess I expected when I ordered a crib blanket that it would be as big as the crib mattress, but it is considerably smaller. I guess this in itself isn't a deal breaker, but the mismatched seams, crooked cutting etc does upset me.

Am I being too picky? We paid nearly $400 for this so I feel like at least the seams should match up and it shouldn't be cut completely crooked. But maybe I am just 37.5 weeks preggo and emotional? 

Re: would you say anything?

• I would say something I have never had a problem with them but we did order fabric from them & they were really good at dealining with our crazy order as we changed it 2 times 
  • I would absolutely say something.  You paid $400 and you deserve to have product that is of that quality.  If you had bought something cheaper, that's one thing, but you spent good money.

I'm not sure if I would complain too much about the crib blanket size, but the seams and shoddy craftsmenship I would be upset about.

• Loading the player...
  • SAY SOMETHING.........WAL-MART HAS SEAMS THAT LINE UP....AND FOR NO WHERE NEAR $400.
  • You need to take the bedding back and ask for your money back.  400$ custom items need to be as perfect as can be.  You did not get what you paid for.  If they won't call the watchdog at the Pioneer Press.  They'd love this story and all the emotion attatched to it. 
  • imageangieskeate:

I would absolutely say something.? You paid?$400 and you deserve to have product that is of that quality.? If you had bought something cheaper, that's one thing, but you spent good money.

I'm not sure if I would complain too much about the crib blanket size, but the seams and shoddy craftsmenship I would be upset about.

This!! And I know our crib blanket wasn't as LONG as the mattress, but it was about as wide. Not sure if yours is similar? But I would, definitely, bring that back! As someone said previously, I bought mine from somewhere in Internet-land and everything came back perfect and I didn't spend nearly half what you did -- I'd demand perfection for that price!?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"