Health & Exercise
Options

does anyone know why?

does anyone know why, or have found a website that has said why (i have googled, and cant find an answer ..) ..

i am wondering why before i was pregnant, that i could eat a whole meal, and now i can only get away with eating maybe half at each sitting, or less. ....what makes it to where you physically cannot eat as much as you normally would??

Re: does anyone know why?

• Options

I can't say why for you, being so early into your pregnancy, you are having that problem.  There are so many things happening to your body in the first trimester alone, so any one of them may be causing it.

I know that as you progress and as your uterus and baby grow, they take up more room in your abdominal region, so even when you are hungry, you cannot always stuff yourself to satiation because there just isn't room for your stomach to expand.  This has been happeing to me for about a month, but I'm almost at 27 weeks.

• Options

I know the *experts* kinda lay every unknown problem at the feet of raging hormones.... but I did read that the same hormones that cause a lot of sickness in early-pregnancy women are the same ones that lessen your appetite.

In my own case right now, I cannot eat a full meal if my life depended on it. I eat about 6-7 small meals (sometimes its just a granola bar or a peach) throughout the day. And then you can imagine if someone does this for a long time they'd have to slowly work themselves back into eating large amounts at a time. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish it would have been the same for me when I was pregnant. I could eat twice as much right up until I actually had LO!
  • Options
    I have the same thing!  I eat the smallest amount, and feel incredibly full.  I like the idea of eating smaller meals throughout the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"