3rd Trimester
Options

camping

So .. i'm gonna brave it..we are going camping this weekend. Anyone else gone? my belly is big but not ridiculous. i'm hoping i will be comfortable..we will be sleeping in a tent. We usually go camping 3-4 times a summer..if not more...but ..this is our one and only trip this summer due to being prego..hope it goes good? haha.

if anyone else has gone camping..let me know! we got the egg crate thing for me to lay on so i'm not DIRECTLY on the ground and i'll bring my bff(body pillow) and an old down comforter to lay on..sooo  WISH ME LUCK!

ps..cross your fingers it doesn't rain either <3

xoxo Heather Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: camping

• Options
    I could have done it at 28 weeks just not now.  Have fun.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options
    DH and I went at 30 weeks, however, I slept on an air mattress which had double thickness.  I was fine, just going to the bathroom in the middle of the night was a bit annoying.  I don't think I would have been comfortable with just an egg crate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went at 34 weeks.  It was OK.  I had an air mattress though and a toddler to chase after...that's what made it hard...oh, and not being able to drink!  What's camping without a drink?!?!
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Options
    We were considering going this summer...just haven't found the time yet with everything else going on. I would totally go though! I sleep on an air matress though...or in my inlaws motor home. I used to love to fish and drink beers all day - not sure how was fun that would be while KU though. 
  • Options

I haven't gone camping since around 24-25 weeks, but it wasn't bad.

A friend of mine did our annual camping trip at like, 34 weeks last year, she brought a giant double thick airmatteress, and they bought a toilet tent so she could sit on the chair-thingy and use the bathroom without having to squat.

We were there for three days and she survived just fine.

• Options

imageIselaCid:
    I went at 34 weeks.  It was OK.  I had an air mattress though and a toddler to chase after...that's what made it hard...oh, and not being able to drink!  What's camping without a drink?!?!

Hah. tha'ts why i'm scared for the rain..if i was drinking all day..wouldn't phase me. but your right..it's not gonna be as fun w/o being able to drink. lol. I got the egg crate over air mattress because i'm uncomfortable (pre-prego) on it anyways..i like hard surfaces..so I think i'll be ok

xoxo Heather Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went about a month ago.  The only annoying thing was that I couldn't turn as easily as I wanted to in my mummy bag.  We have an air mattress for the tent which helps a lot.

Hope you have fun!

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are actually going camping this weekend too! and I'm about as far as you and was thinking the same thing...so I'm glad you posted!  I think it will be fine, the only thing I'm worried about is having to get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom...but other than that it should be good! Have a good time!! Big Smile

Katrina & David June 9, 2007

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

Big brother Luke
    Little brother Zachary
  • Options

I went at 29 weeks and I was a bit uncomfy.  But it was nice to get away, swim, and cool down.  THe camping chairs we had were not that comfy but I used a intertube to put my feet up on and that helped greatly.  I think getting out of the tent 3 times a night to pee was what really was not fun.  I just had a air mattress and wish I had a double high one.  Make sure you at least take a air mattress.  We camnp every summer too and I usually cook al these great meals but this time I just did canned food mostly!  That helped.

Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"