Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Coupl'a' questions.....re constipation & more fun stuff!

1.  K has been super constipated lately.  Poor little guy. For those whose LO's have gone through this....any suggestions?  (diluted apple juice, perhaps?)

2. K has absolutely no desire to sit up on his own or otherwise.  If we put him in the sitting position, he stretches his legs out and locks his knees and arches his back and ends up with us holding him standing.  A mom at "my gym" told me she had the same issues with her daughter and thought it may have been due to using the "jumperoo" too much?

I know all babies do things in their own time......was just curious.

Just looking for some experienced suggestions.

Re: Coupl'a' questions.....re constipation & more fun stuff!

• Options

1.  Prunes, prunes and more prunes  :)

2.  Jack didn't sit unassisted until 7 months.  Tell your mom friend she's an idiot. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    Ok, the idiot thing was a bit harsh ... sorry, lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1 tsp dark Karo syrup mixed with milk / formula. It has to be the dark syrup only. My pedi recommended this with G and it worked every time.
  • Options
    Sorry, I should have mentioned 1 tsp mixed with 2ozs of milk / formula.
  • Options

At about 4 months is when we had to start solids because DS was constipated so much. His pedi said anything that started with a P, peaches, pears, etc. Apricots worked well too. We never did give ds cereals because he would get soo constipated. Even now he can't have applesauce or bananas.

As for sitting up, I think the jumperoo think is false. We don't have a jumperoo and DS did what you are describing. Just do more tummy time and see if that helps. He may just not want to sit, who knows!

I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Options

1.  prunes or carrots seem to work for us.  Also pear juice or grapes.

2.  Addy didn't sit up until 6.5 months....she would just plop over.  LOL.

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageMrsTotty:
    Ok, the idiot thing was a bit harsh ... sorry, lol.

LMAO.  I kept thinking....FFS, how long did you keep your kid in there?  We don't leave DS in the jumperoo 24/7.

And....thanks, all......will give these things a try.  I do think it's the rice cereal (been feeding him that for a couple of weeks now).  It's been going on for at least a week, but today just got really bad.  We recently (last 2 days) started him on veggies (squash).

• Options
    imageMrsTotty:

1.  Prunes, prunes and more prunes  :)

2.  Jack didn't sit unassisted until 7 months.  Tell your mom friend she's an idiot. 

This.

Also, Colton is allergic (of course) to prunes (lots of violent puking all night) among other things so GI told us last week to give him 1/2 cap of Miralax. Also the formula that he is on, Elecare, makes him pretty stopped up. Actually looks like a goat crapped in his diaper. TMI--Sorry.

Anyway, if all else fails, I would contact your pedi and ask about Miralax. GL!

• Options

We never had problems with constipation, so I can't help there.

DD loved her jumperoo with all her heart. We started putting her in it at like 2 months old (she could hold her head up pretty much from birth). She started to sit on her own when she was only 4 months, so that is a crock. But she was a late crawler, so.... you can't win em all ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. We used mylicon gas drops and it helped my daughter. We also layed her on her back and moved her legs in bicycle motion and it helped. If that doesnt work...have you tried a dipository? they sell them at Walgreens. There infant ones.

2. Use a bumbo and he will start to sit up better and better. We started to feed her in the bumbo chair and soon after she was sitting up on her own.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"