Birth Stories
Options

Liam Michael is here

On Tuesday July 14th, I went into the hospital for my scheduled induction.  I was scared to death, but so ready.  They started me on misprostol that night, and continued into the morning.  When i came into the hospital I was 1cm 50% effaced.  Around 10am my doctor came in for what i thought was going to be a routine check, but really he was ready to break my water and start me on pitocin, OK THEN!  I was 3cm still 50% effaced.  Breaking my water didn't hurt, but getting up in there was not at all comfortable. 

Within 10 minutes of starting on the pitocin I started having regular contractions about 3 minutes apart.  10 more minutes went by and the contractions were right on top of eachother and very painful.  I tried my best to breath through them and concentrate on something other than the pain but i'm not going to lie they were awful.  Now, having said that, I would like to say that if they hadn't been coming one right after another I could have dealt with them a lot longer.  Around 1:00, I threw up and basically went into shock.  I started to shake, sweat, and was freezing cold.  I will say however that after I threw up the contractions weren't as painful anymore.  This lasted about an hour and by 2:30 they were so bad again that I needed meds.  My doctor came in and told me that in order for me to get an EPI he would need to insert and internal monitor to see my contractions.  The one around my belly wasn't picking them up correctly.  Because I had non-stop contractions, this was the worst part of the labor.  Never have I felt so much pain.  I literally was pushing my legs out straight and falling off the end of the bed.  The nurses had to come and hold my legs bent because I was fighthing him so badly.  At this point I was 4cm 80% effaced.  After this, I got an EPI and couldn't have been more happy.  The epidural was completely painless and was what I needed at the moment.

i continued to labor until around 9:30, and i noticed i was starting to feel pain back in my right hip.  The pain got stronger and stronger so i asked if they could turn up the EPI.  My doctor came in and checked me and I was stuck at 6cm and making no progress.  Then came the bad news, "baby is sunny side up and he is not going to fit through your pelvis. We need to get him out now because his heartrate is dropping with ever contraction."  So I was wheeled into the OR.  As far as C-sections go, it wasn't that bad, but it was the weirdest feeling ever.  Your numb obviously but you can still feel all the pressure.  I felt like was i getting thrashed around the table.  Also, i started to shake again on the table and could not stop.  About 20 minutes later out came Liam Michael, 8lbs 13oz, 21" long.   He instantly wanted to eat, and has been doing great for the last 5 days breastfeeding.  He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to us, and we are so in love!

Re: Liam Michael is here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"