Alaska Babies
Options

Cosleeping - How long?

How long do you plan on cosleeping/bedsharing with your child? If you have older children, how long did you cosleep/bedshare?

I've heard plenty of different theories on how long is "long enough", and while I have no plans to stop anytime soon, I'm starting to think ahead. Mainly so I can plan for when I need to get around to setting up a room for him.

Re: Cosleeping - How long?

• Options
    I coslept with my first child until he was almost 4.  It wasn't an all-the-time thing; by the time he was 2, he spent as much time sleeping in his own bed as he did mine, but that was by his choice.  I plan on a similar arrangement with this baby... he'll move into his own bed when he's ready for it.
  • Options
    I plan to let him co-sleep until he is ready to move. Or if we have another kid before he is ready I may try to move him onto a mattress on our bedroom floor. I am also pushing DH for a king mattress to make this all easier.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We recently upgraded to a king size b/c we plan to let DD stay in w/us until she is ready.  I do have concerns about how this will work when we eventually have DC#2, but that's at least a year from now that we'll be TTC again so we'll figure it out at that point.
  • Options

15 months and still snoring strong.  What different theories have you heard?  We plan on stopping when he is ready.

• Options
    We stopped at 9 months because none of us were getting any sleep anymore.  I had planned to do it longer, but DS turned into a wiggle worm, and I think DH moved around so much, DS was waking all the time.
  • Options

DD's crib was in in our room until April. 

Then we moved and she has her own room now.  She falls asleep in there at night..  but always ends up in our bed some time late at night/early in the morning.  I'm ok with it.  DH loves it.  We figure she'll stop doing it at some point.  (There are some nights she sleeps straight through on her own already). 

Naps are in our bed, though.  And this is nothing short of a miracle.  She's a horrible napper who would only sleep in the Ergo, stroller, or car seat before.  The thought of her napping in bed is shocking.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    We stopped full-time bedsharing around 6 months when none of us were getting any sleep. At that point she still spent part of the night with us, but then when the weather got warmer (she was around 7-8 months), my little furnace baby no longer wanted to be next to us -- she'd squirm and fuss, but when I took her back to her crib she fell right back to sleep. So now if she wakes I nurse her in bed but then take her back once she's finished.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I co-slept with my little one until he was 3.

• Options
    We co-sleep and I plan on letting my DS stay in our bed as long as he'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"