Alaska Babies

Pediatricians

Do you have a pediatrician that you love? How did you select them?

I am on my 3rd. The first two rolled their eyes at me. One told me "You will learn." and the other one said "Oh no. You are one of those bleeding heart mothers". I know it doesn't say a lot, but our current pedi is the best so far..

Not sure if it is just the area that we live in but when I called around to different pediatricians, none of their nurses even knew what AP was. I guess I don't know what questions I should have asked.

When we have our next child, I would really like to have a great pedi from the start, preferrably one non-judgemental and open to AP.

Any suggestions?

Re: Pediatricians

• I love mine.  She's great.  She and I are definitely on the same page.

I found her by asking for recs on mothering.com before DS was born.  (In case you haven't been before, go to www.mothering.com/discussions and then to the page "Finding Your Tribe."  It's broken into geographical areas.  Lots of moms ask for recs for different kids of pedis -- holistic, delayed vax, no vax, whatever.  In my local forum, people give a lot of good recs and information on various doctors.

• Annoying!

I'm in Canada and the majority of us just take our kids to family doctors.  (We get referred to pedis if it's something serious a family dr doesn't want to handle.)  

I loooooove my doctor, and DD just sees her now.  She was open to me messing with the vax schedule.  (Although after talking to her I didn't bother.)  She thought that we were cool for doing EC.  And game me Rxs for all the domperidone I wanted as I was having such a rough time BFing.  When chatting about sleep issues it seemed like she might be open to the Ferber method, but as soon as I mentioned we're a no-cry family she said no more. 

Anyway, I'm very grateful for our doctor.  She spends 45 minutes with us for most appointments and DD adores her, too.  We feel really lucky.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm still debating about ours.  I don't love him, but he's OK.  I'm learning that there are some really great choices that the moms in my LLL group go to.  Maybe you can meet some other moms at LLL & see if they have any rec's?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"