Missouri Babies
Options

Newbie! With a question!

Hello Ladies, My name is Megan! My DH and I were married on June 6, 2009 at the Rhapsody in Independence. We are planning to start TTC after the first of the year. Now to my question my current health insurance plan does not have maternity coverage. We are trying to decide if it will be more beneficial to add it even though it doesn't cover very much or pay out of pocket.

What have you ladies (friends, family, etc) done? Did you all have insurance or did you pay out of pocket? 

Thanks, 

Megan

Re: Newbie! With a question!

• Options

First of all, congrats!!!

Secondly, I had to use all my sick leave as my maternity.  So I went about 15 days without pay which ended up being like $3,000.  Yikes!  So I say take whatever they will give you. 

Good luck with TTC!

• Options
    I have no advice - just wanted to say congraulations and welcome!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options

I would check out what your husbands insurance covers? Would it be better to move onto his plan? I'm on my husbands and it pretty much covers everything (luckily!). Good luck hunting!

• Options
    Thanks for the suggest about DH insurance but he also has a individual insurance policy because he is a professional poker player.
  • Options
    Did you take the remaining school year or did you go back for a few days in the end?  I teach in Olathe and am pregnant with my first.  I signed up for the long term disability insurance and have 80 days of sick leave.  I'm due in March and will not go back for the end of the year!  I'm not entirely sure how the disability ins works, but I think I get my salary plus disability pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"