Alaska Babies

what i love about AP

in addition to the obvious, is that you don't have to follow a set number of principles to be allowed to call yourself AP.  in the GTKY post, mr&ms mentioned being kicked out of the AP club b/c she dabbled in CIO and others mentioned being partially AP, etc.

to me, it is an individual thing.  some of us do pretty much everything in the 8 principles or 7 baby b's and then some.  some will co-sleep for 5 years or more, some for a couple months.  some will BF for several years, some for a year or less, or not at all.  some will babywear more than others, and on and on.  then there's the social preferences that 14years was mentioning in her post below.  some will not circumsize, some will CD, etc.  and as far as sleep goes, i know that DH and i listen to our babies cues as far as their bedtime, but we do choose to follow a bedtime routine within those cues and keep it fairly consistent, whereas others may choose to let it be different every night.

i say all of this to say that i'm so happy to find a group of women who will not judge e/o the way others can sometimes judge us (as in the armpit hair down to the knees comment by moroccojade below (which made me LOL btw ;)

so i say no one gets kicked out of the club ;)  and yay for our (sort-of) board!  hope the real one gets in place soon so we can cease pirating ;)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com

Re: what i love about AP

• I agree. I think that AP gets a bad rap sometimes becaue people think that it is "all or nothing". But it actually isn't.

It is all about balance and what works for you, your baby or babies and your family.

BTW, What a gorgeous family you have!!!

• Glad I made you laugh.  ;)

I do think this would be a more flexible environment for the AParents at all points on a spectrum.  Whereas the MDC fora are full of pretty hardcore chicks.  Many of which might not be so open to the AP-lite that many of us practice.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Loading the player...
  • imagemoroccojade:

Glad I made you laugh.  ;)

I do think this would be a more flexible environment for the AParents at all points on a spectrum.  Whereas the MDC fora are full of pretty hardcore chicks.  Many of which might not be so open to the AP-lite that many of us practice.

I agree with all of you, and the above statements especially.  I like MDC, but I am not even in the same league as some of those women.  Sounds like this group has different opinions and practices, and I think that's great.

• image14years:
    imagemoroccojade:

Glad I made you laugh.  ;)

I agree with all of you, and the above statements especially.  I like MDC, but I am not even in the same league as some of those women.  Sounds like this group has different opinions and practices, and I think that's great.

Definitely agree!  The one local group around here is very hardcore & judgmental...  if you don't follow one of the tenants...forget it, they won't even give you a second look!

• Newbie here....but I am reading all the posts...I've never heard of APing....but I think I might be one :)....I actually plan to do more research about this even though from what I read I have made a lot of the "child-led parenting" decisions with my first little one that are inline with the 8 principles...Since this was totally subconcious on my part, there may be things I do that are totally not AP....but anyway it seems that this will be a nice place for me to feel comfortable about all the "weird" decisions I've made about how I choose to parent. 

• imageDaniel's Mama:

BTW, What a gorgeous family you have!!!

thank you so much! :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"