Alaska Babies
Options

Anyone do EC?

I bought a potty & have let Evie try to use it a few times, but she doesn't seem to be comfortable sitting there, so I'm not pushing it.  I'm not even sure if starting potty training at this point would even qualify as EC (elimination communication) but I thought I'd ask & see what experiences anyone has had...

TIA!

Re: Anyone do EC?

• Options
    Would love to try it, but DS isn't even sitting up yet, so I've got a while before I can start. :o)
  • Options

I'm a PAL lurker and responded once to your post about this. Without realizing it, we are an AP family. I am about to run out the door, but I will try to get back to the introduce yourself tomorrow. Anyway...

We have done EC since Cora was 6 weeks old. I love it! She gets 90% of poops in the potty (we have the Little Potty by Baby Bjorn and a potty ring for the toilet). She pees in the potty mainly right after she wakes up and sometimes she'll randomly go in the potty during the day. We use CD but mostly let her run naked. We have quite a few accidents, but I'm fine with cleaning them up. I've been signing to her recently for toilet and all done, so we'll see if that helps us any. She is an easily distracted baby and VERY busy, so I don't think she'll be truly diaper free for a long time.

I read the Diaper Free Baby book before she was born. She then had a lot of GI issues, so I thought I'd give the concepts in the book a try. Worked the first time! So great.  

A lot of people think I'm crazy, but it works for us so let them think what they want! I say give it a try!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CelynCelyn member
    Sadly, I'm just not consistent enough.  And DS2 tends to do his business while he's nursing, which makes getting him on a potty rather difficult.
  • Options

Snowinlv... I got that Baby Bjorn potty thanks to that post!  Smile

I'll have to look into the book.  Maybe that will help.  Thanks!

• Options
    i've been resaearching this quite a bit and plan to give it a try!  love hearing others' experiences!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • Options
    I love the theory of EC but I'm nowhere near consistent enough for it to be effective.  I admire people that can make it work - we are not those people, unfortunately.
  • Options

We've done EC since DD was 10 days old.  She was in panties several hours a day by 7 months.  We haven't changed a poopy diaper since then. 

We were using only 3 diapers in a 24 hour period starting at 10 months or so.  Down to 2  not too far after. 

As of January she's been diaper free/accident free during the day.  (would have been sooner, but we went to Mexico and I didn't want to deal with pottying at awful times...  ie) boarding and takeoff.  Embarrassed.)   

She's been diaper/accident free at night since April.  Right around that time she started taking herself to the bathroom start to finish, too.    :)    (Needs a little wiping help for poops still, though.)

EC is *great*.  It's so easy and more eco friendly than the other options.  I highly recommend it.  ASAP.  I get so sad when I hear of moms of 3.5 year olds at their wits end because their child refuses to even sit on the toilet.  DD grew up on it...  it's second nature to her.  (Well, the first 4 months we used a plastic bowl under the bum.  After that?  We got a ring insert for the regular toilet.  And that's where she's been going ever since.  I don't recommend floor potties.  Can be really hard to wean them off of those.  Makes going out difficult.)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    imagemoroccojade:

We've done EC since DD was 10 days old.  She was in panties several hours a day by 7 months.  We haven't changed a poopy diaper since then. 

We were using only 3 diapers in a 24 hour period starting at 10 months or so.  Down to 2  not too far after. 

As of January she's been diaper free/accident free during the day.  (would have been sooner, but we went to Mexico and I didn't want to deal with pottying at awful times...  ie) boarding and takeoff.  Embarrassed.)   

She's been diaper/accident free at night since April.  Right around that time she started taking herself to the bathroom start to finish, too.    :)    (Needs a little wiping help for poops still, though.)

EC is *great*.  It's so easy and more eco friendly than the other options.  I highly recommend it.  ASAP.  I get so sad when I hear of moms of 3.5 year olds at their wits end because their child refuses to even sit on the toilet.  DD grew up on it...  it's second nature to her.  (Well, the first 4 months we used a plastic bowl under the bum.  After that?  We got a ring insert for the regular toilet.  And that's where she's been going ever since.  I don't recommend floor potties.  Can be really hard to wean them off of those.  Makes going out difficult.)

That's fantastic!  Good to know about the floor potty too.  My daughter is pretty interested in the toilet and I pop her on there a few times a day.  I was just thinking about getting her a little potty but I think maybe an insert might be a better option now.

• Options
    Bubbletoes...  *Definitely* do the insert.  I can't recommend it highly enough.  Some hate that toddlers always need help on the regular toilet.  (So?  It takes less time than changing a diaper.)  But even so, a secure stepping stool remedied that for us.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    I Like the floor potty because I nursed Cora a lot on the potty when she was younger. Babies tend to poop when they eat (at least mine does and that's what I read!), so it made it very convenient. I think I will eventually transition to putting her mostly on the potty ring when she is a little older, but for now the floor potty is great. She will go on any toilet if I just hang her over it (so she doesn't have to sit on nasty seats), so I'm thinking the transition shouldn't be too bad. Just my experience :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"