Mississippi Babies

Getting to know you

Hi everyone- thought maybe we could try to get this board a little more active.

So, do you work? If so, what do you do? What does your DH do?

How many children do you have and/or how long have you been trying?

Re: Getting to know you

• I think this is a great board.  Maybe we just don't have many Mississippi mommies?  Let's go!

Anyway, my boyfriend Andy and I are still in college at Ole Miss (finishing up this year, if the LO and the good Lord allows, ha).  I study philosophy and business and work on campus at the IT helpdesk (which is where we met!)  Andy studies exercise science and he's the IT guy in the student disabilities department.

Our pregnancy was unplanned and a huge surprise, but we couldn't be happier.  We plan to get married eventually (even though he hasn't asked yet, come oooon, haha) and even though our family is going to have a rough start, we are so blessed and I can't wait to start!

I'm due November 28th, yes, the Egg Bowl at MSU, and we just found out this weekend that we're having a boy!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  •  

Hey! Glad to see this board moving a little! :)

I am a speech pathologist- I go back to work in 2 weeks :( but I can't complain- I haven't worked since Sept 2008. I was hospitalized for 11 weeks of my pregnancy. My dh is a project manager for a construction company.

I have one precious little boy named Jack who is almost 7 months old- born on Christmas Eve. He is a great baby and so strong! He was born with an arachnoid cyst on his brain and has had 2 brain surgeries already.

Can't wait to get to know the Mississippi mamas! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Hey!  I'm Kacie.  I'm a SAHW/soon-to-be SAHM.  I was in nursing school but due to being so sick in the 1st tri, I had to drop out because I was going to miss too many days.  :(  I was sad to leave, but to be honest, I wouldn't have wanted to finish after she got here!  I wouldn't have wanted to leave her! 

No kids so far, this is our first!  Her name is going to be Caroline.  We actually picked it because it sounded southern. Ha! 

DH is a farmer and graduated with his bachelor's from MSU with a degree in agribusiness.  He now farms in the MS Delta and he works A LOT.  We have about 8,000 acres.  We farm rice & soybeans - and LO is due on September 18 - right in the middle of harvest season!  It should be interesting to see how we manage!  Regardless, we're very, very blessed and can't wait to meet our sweet daughter!

• DD1: August 2009
    • DD2: December 2010
    • DS: August 2012
    • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
    • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
    • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
    Musings of a Farmer's Wife
  • So glad to hear from a few of you! I would love to get this board a little more active. (Sorry for my late reply; we went out of town for a week.)

I am new to Mississippi. My husband's family is from the delta, but he was raised out west. He's lived in MS for about 8 years, and I moved here to be with him. 

We have been TTC since January and have our fingers crossed for a LO soon.

I am a teacher and my husband works in athletics.

• My name is Cati and I have one soon to be 1 year old DS, Conner. H used to be Air Force but now works in the family business of selling soft drinks. I was a SAHM for the past year but have been trying to find a teaching job since we moved back this summer. So much for MS 'needing!!!!' teachers.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hey everyone i'm Adriana. I'm a stay at home mom. My DH and I have been married for 13 months now.  I worked up until we got married. 

We have a soon to be 2 year old and found out 2 weeks after our first anniversary that we are having another one.

My husband is in the Air Force Stationed in Jackson and Thank God hasn't been deployed yet(due to his nature of job). 

I have lived in MS most of my life and he has been from FL to TX and everywhere in between.

• Hi, everyone.

I work at a bank as a Financial Service Rep and I've been married for 12 1/2 years.  My husband is a video tech at a university. I just gave birth to our dear son in May. We were not planning to have children, but this has been a real blessing and joy. Also, this has been a huge adjustment emotionally, physically, and financially!!!  I'm trying to breastfeed at least until he turns 6 months, but that's been challenging as well.  I can't wait to hear from other moms in MS.

• Hi everyone! I work in the office at a mobile home manufacturer... I do payroll and order processing. DH does flooring for a motor home company. We have been married since March 7th, 2009. I just went off bc pills this month.... this will be our first baby!   We are very excited!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi MS ladies! I don't know if anyone will read this.

I live in North MS close to Memphis. My DH and I will be married for 5 years on January 22. We both went to Mississippi State and that is how we met. He has a bachelors degree in Agricultural Economics. He farms with his family. We have soybeans, rice, corn, milo and wheat. I have a bachelors degree in Child & Family Studies. My job lost it's grant money so I am curently a stay at home wife :)

We have been TTC for over a year now. We have hit a few bumps in the road but hopefully we will be blessed soon.

KacieLeigh I know what you mean! It gets busy when it's not raining.. when has that been haha. I am sure y'all have had a lot of rain.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello everyone!

DH and I got married April 25 of this year in Olive Branch.  DH is 28 and from Water Valley and works as a communications engineer for the railroad.  I am 26 and from Senatobia and work for the railroad as well.  We live on our 80 acre farm in Senatobia...we have horses, cattle, corn, soybeans, wheat, watermelons, and a variety of garden crops.

We have been TTC since August.  I found out I have a pitutary tumor and have been undergoing treatment...I go to the OBGYN december 9 to find out if the medicine has shrunk the tumor.  I also found out I have PCOS.  So we have had a rough start to our trying for baby!  Hopefully things will get better soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"