Multiples
Options

When did you switch to maternity clothes with twins?

I am only 6 weeks along, but my pants are pretty darn tight today.  These used to be on the loose side, too!  Should I start looking at maternity clothes?  Or am I just extra bloated today?  Hopefully it's not weight gain so soon.

Re: When did you switch to maternity clothes with twins?

• Options
    I'm 14 weeks and still wearing my regular clothes. No one can even tell I'm pregnant. Usually you will just be bloated in the beginning. It'll go down, get bigger and continue to confuse you until you have a baby bump. Maybe get a bella band for the mean time because maternity clothes will probably be too big
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was bloated from the IVF til around 8-10 weeks or so. Although I did get maternity jeans around 2-3 months because they were MUCH more comfortable. I am still wearing them until I am comfortably back in my pp jeans(they button but look like they are painted on). As far as shirts go, it took a long time before I needed maternity shirts.

HTH

Melissa :)?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RobynKRobynK member

I started between 6-8 weeks with the hidden stretch tabs in some capri's from JCP.  I think I was in panel pants by 10 or 12 weeks?

I was averaging 2lbs of weight gain per week from the second I was pg so I expanded quickly Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My clothes started getting tight around 8 weeks and I switched to my bellaband for most of my pants.  At 12 weeks I was in all maternity clothes except for those clothes that I had that were 2 or 3 sizes bigger.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    15 weeks. It could just be bloat. I say if you will feel more comfortable in maternity clothes go for it. Just keep in mind that you will grow out of them.
  • Options

Cool, thanks ladies. I'll check out the bella bands ASAP.  It's probably bloat.  Good to hear that I'm not the only one with tight pants only 6 weeks in.  Bloat makes total sense.

• Options
    At 8 weeks my pants were really tight and it was uncomfortable.  I couldn't stand it and I hated the Bella bands I had bought.  They didn't work for me and the zipper kept falling.  So, I bought pants then.  I can still wear regular shirts.  I had a few pairs of jeans that still worked up until yesterday and now they don't.  I can get them up but I can't button them.  I tried the rubberband trick and I didn't like it either and I am just more comfy in my maternity pants. 
  • Options
    I started wearing maternity pants at the 2 month point and maternity bras too. I tried the bella band but hated it also, i kept feeling like i was gonna lose my pants. Best of Luck!
  • Options
    I think pants b/f the end of 1st tri and shirts mid-2nd tri
  • Options
    imageAlexPuppy:

Cool, thanks ladies. I'll check out the bella bands ASAP.  It's probably bloat.  Good to hear that I'm not the only one with tight pants only 6 weeks in.  Bloat makes total sense.

you are so not the only one - I am completely bloated and am in my bigger pants from when I was a little heavier (which I kept for this purpose) and ahem... they are now the tight pants......  yikes!

• Options
    I started wearing a bella band around 7-8 weeks and then after a month I started wearing some maternity pants and also the bella band with regular pants. Maternity shirts maybe around 16 weeks?
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    I was in maternity pants at 8 weeks, but I was very bloated from the fertility medicine, I didn't actually need to bust out with the shirts until 14 or so weeks. Everyone at work knew so I didn't try to hide the bloat and I was going to be as comfortable as possible.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

i wore a belly band and then real maternity clothes at 12-13 weeks. I needed mat jeans first, the regular pants, then shorts then mat shirts!

GL!

• Options
    I was like you, around 6 weeks my pants got tight and never really felt comfy to wear unless I had the bella band on. I also started wearing stretchy workout pants and sun dresses. I finally just got maternity jeans this past weekend at twelve weeks.
  • Options
    I just started wearing maternity capris and shorts - nothing is more uncomfortable than tight waistbands esp. during the hot summer. I'm all about comfort! My waist has already gone from 28 inches to 32 inches, so showing or not, I'm loving the huge stretchy comfort!
  • Options
    I finally broke down and bought some maternity capris at 12 weeks.....soooo much more comfortable.  Now I seem to be wearing a lot of regular dresses that are much more filled out than they used to be! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"