Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Returning Target stuff to Walmart?

I bought Similac Sensitive at Target because it was on sale, plus I had coupons.  Now, the doc wants me to switch to a hypoallergenic formula.  I don't have the receipt for the formula and I don't want this to count against the $70 max receipt-less return at Target.  I should be able to exchange the formula at Walmart without a problem, right?

Re: Returning Target stuff to Walmart?

• Isn't that dishonest since you know it came from Target? I couldn't do that, but that's just me.
  • I did that when we had to switch to Nutramigen....it worked fine for us. DH bought it, which explained why it came from Target. Walmart is way closer to our house. Totally a DH move.
    imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're just exchanging, you should be able to do that at Target without a receipt and it is an exchange, not a return, so shouldn't count against you.  

FWIW, no, it wouldn't work because Target's items won't scan in on Wal-Mart's system. 

• Did you use your debit/credit card to make the purchase? I never have a reciept for Target returns. I just give them my debit card and they are able to find my purchase that way. Makes it so much easier because I am always losing my receipts.
    The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • they don't return formula without a receipt. 
  • imageVAannie:

If you're just exchanging, you should be able to do that at Target without a receipt and it is an exchange, not a return, so shouldn't count against you.  

FWIW, no, it wouldn't work because Target's items won't scan in on Wal-Mart's system. 

The UPC codes are the same no matter if it is Target or Walmart...they are printed by the manufacturer of the product.

• I don't know about formula, but I once tried to return something to Wal-Mart from another store, and it wouldn't scan. Of course leave it to Wal-Mart to have their own UPC codes... Don't they pretty much own the world, at least when it comes to general goods?

FWIW, I didn't know it didn't come from Wal-Mart, because my mom bought it for me and said it was from there. When they won't exchange it, she said "Oh wait, maybe I bought it somewhere else..." Thanks Mom LOL Huh?

• imagejamie4duke:
    imageVAannie:

If you're just exchanging, you should be able to do that at Target without a receipt and it is an exchange, not a return, so shouldn't count against you.  

The UPC codes are the same no matter if it is Target or Walmart...they are printed by the manufacturer of the product.

This is what I was thinking. 

• imagejamie4duke:
    imageVAannie:

Individual stores can "recode" the UPC codes if they want to.  
  • imageDiAnne82:
    Isn't that dishonest since you know it came from Target? I couldn't do that, but that's just me.

I don't mind ripping off Walmart a little bit.  They rip off their employees.  They've got it coming.  hahaha

• DD refuses to take a pacifier, so we took the unopened ones my mom bought at Target and returned the to Walmart no problem.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• it is very dishonest. ]

and yes, formula must have a receipt. That is a government policy, not target or walmart

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageIs it June yet?:

imageDiAnne82:
    Isn't that dishonest since you know it came from Target? I couldn't do that, but that's just me.

I don't mind ripping off Walmart a little bit.  They rip off their employees.  They've got it coming.  hahaha

Wow, seriously?? 

• RandZBRandZB member
    I don't know the rules when it comes to formula (at the Walmart I go to, they keep it locked up), but if Walmart sells it, they will take it back for store credit.  If they don't sell the particular brand or style or whathaveyou, it won't scan.  Walmart doesn't recode the UPCs.  They also don't rip off their employees.  They pay much more than any other cashier gig would, more than Target does.  Employees also get 10% off non-grocery purchases.  Walmart's not my favorite store in the world, but it's not like it was founded and run by Hitler. 
    I HAVE CHILDREN.
  • imageDiAnne82:
    imageIs it June yet?:

imageDiAnne82:

Wow, seriously?? 

Seriously. 

• imageRandZB:
    I don't know the rules when it comes to formula (at the Walmart I go to, they keep it locked up), but if Walmart sells it, they will take it back for store credit.  If they don't sell the particular brand or style or whathaveyou, it won't scan.  Walmart doesn't recode the UPCs.  They also don't rip off their employees.  They pay much more than any other cashier gig would, more than Target does.  Employees also get 10% off non-grocery purchases.  Walmart's not my favorite store in the world, but it's not like it was founded and run by Hitler. 

Did you hear about the unpaid OT they were forcing employees to take?  Riiiip off.  And don't get me wrong, I do a lot of shopping at Walmart (groceries).  I know that they don't actually pay for what's on their shelves unless it actually sells, so by exchanging formula there, they won't be hurt profit-wise anyway.  2 cans going in, 2 cans going out. 

• imageVAannie:

I would think this would work. I know for a fact items at all stores don't have the same UPCs whether its put on by the manufacturer or not-items won't scan the same at all stores.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageIs it June yet?:
    imageDiAnne82:
    imageIs it June yet?:

imageDiAnne82:

Wow, seriously?? 

Seriously. 

I guess the way I look at things just b/c someone did something wrong doesn't give you the right to be dishonest to them.  

• RandZBRandZB member
    imageIs it June yet?:

Did you hear about the unpaid OT they were forcing employees to take?  Riiiip off.  And don't get me wrong, I do a lot of shopping at Walmart (groceries).  I know that they don't actually pay for what's on their shelves unless it actually sells, so by exchanging formula there, they won't be hurt profit-wise anyway.  2 cans going in, 2 cans going out. 

Never said they were perfect.  I work in employment law, and we see tons of unpaid overtime cases.  The vast majority of corporations are waaaaaay worse than Walmart, but you never hear about them in the news.  Walmart is always the bad guy, the Evil Empire, and it's just getting old.  In the interest of full disclosure, my husband is an executive with Walmart, but I was very much pro-Walmart before we even met.  They've got a good business model, and as a capitalist I appreciate that. 

I HAVE CHILDREN.
  • I don't know what their policy is...

But I did take one large can of Enfamil Lipil (that was purchased at Target), back to Walmart. They gave me cash, and I went back and got a can of Nutramigen becaues that's what we needed. So either someone broke the rules, or it's possible. Not sure.

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • Knowingly returning something to a store that you didn't purchase it at is called fraud.  Take it back to the store you bought it at.  Easy enough.
  • imageIs it June yet?:

imageDiAnne82:

I agree with this being dishonest and am appalled that anyone would think it's 'okay' to rip off anyone because they do it to other people.  Wrong is wrong, no matter what.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"