2nd Trimester
Options

should I eat even if I'm not hungry?

I battle with this on a daily basis...today I ate a huge lunch at 3pm...but I still haven't ate dinner yet (10:30pm now). just not hungry. My stomach feels completely stretched out.

Should I make something? or go to bed and eat a big breakfest?

Re: should I eat even if I'm not hungry?

• Options

Nah, not if you're not hungry. There was a point were I was feeling the same way, and would munch on stuff. But I think if your body needed food it would tell you. And your hunger might pick up later in pregnancy. Maybe in the future eat smaller meals.

• Options
    I say don't eat if you're not hungry.  I do this sometimes too, but then I usually wake up in the middle of the night starving!  So, I'll have a banana or a piece of bread and go back to bed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, I know the feeling. Im not a fan of eating on a schedule just because, but from 3 to 10, its a bit of a stretch. Try to eat some complex carbs with a dab of protien. I always like to have some trail mix or something similar before bed if I havent eaten in a while.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Eat when you are hungry... dont force food down. 

if it's not working for you, change the portions.. eat smaller meals through out the day.. there shoul dnever be a "Big breakfast" or a "Big lunch / dinner" 

• Options
    I am forced to eat every 2 hours or I throw up.  Be glad you are not in that situation and you can still choose when you want to eat.  I already feel like a slave to my baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I actually have this same problem and asked my doctor about it.  She said since I'm not underweight and am gaining at a good pace not to worry about it.  The baby is like a parasite (her words not mine), it will get everything it needs from you.  Then if your body needs more it will tell you!  Just eat when your hungry and remember your prenatal vitamins!:)
  • Options
    If you're not hungry and you ate already today, don't eat. Your body knows when it needs something (unless you have other issues like an eating disorder or diabetes). My endocrinologist (diabetes doc) told me that the baby is "a very efficient parasite." It will get what it needs regardless of your health. Therefore, your baby is not in danger if you do not eat one meal. If you feel weak or something, do eat, but if not, don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"