Detroit Babies
Options

Where did you register for your baby shower?

1. What stores did you register at?
  2. Any suggestions to which stores have the best registry policies?
  3. Any opinons for either BRU or BuyBuyBaby?  I like the selection better at BuyBuyBaby, but I know BRU has more locations and would be more convenient for many of my friends and family.  Any thoughts?

Re: Where did you register for your baby shower?

• Options
    1. What stores did you register at? BRU, BBB wasn't open yet
    2. Any suggestions to which stores have the best registry policies?  I have had no problems returning items to BRU yet *knock on wood*
    3. Any opinons for either BRU or BuyBuyBaby?  I like the selection better at BuyBuyBaby, but I know BRU has more locations and would be more convenient for many of my friends and family.  Any thoughts?  I like the selection at BBB as well, like I said the store up by Lakeside wasn't open yet.  I also wanted to pick a place that was easier for people to shop at and BRU seems to be it.  The good thing about BBB is that people can use coupons, like they can at Bed,Bath, & Beyond. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I registered at both Buy Buy Baby and BRU.  Most people bought from BRU instead of BBB.  It has to do with locations.  I had no issues with returning from either places.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Registered at BRU.  BBB wasn't opened

2. Not sure how BBB's policy is.  I had no problems with BRU, even returning some items with no receipt. 

3. I love BBB and wish it was around when I was just starting out.  I love that they take Bed Bath and Beyond coupons and you can use multiple coupons in a single transaction.  Given that, I still probably would have registered at BRU just because there's more locations and seems to be more convenient for people.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I registered at both and have gotten mostly everything at each.  It was hard registering at two places though and making sure I had everything and not duplicates.  I monitored my registries (aka: Stalked) to make sure people were shopping at both and one was not empty with the other still full.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

BRU- because BBB doesn't have enough convenient locations for our families, and I didn't feel like dealing with 2 registries. 

They have been ok- big selection, but the return policy sucks.  You now have to have a receipt and it has to be within 90 days (45 days for electronics, which includes baby monitors).  If it's on your registry and marked as purchased, they will count that as a receipt, but I found they were terrible at checking things off the registry as people bought stuff (I got a TON of duplicates).  You can go in and mark things as purchased online but I just think it's a pain.   When I returned a whole bunch of stuff to the Sterling Heights store I got a ton of attitude from the clerk as well. 

I definitely only would have registered at BBB if there were more locations that were convenient for the people who attended my shower.

• Options
    I am registered at both. Neither is very conveniently located to us (Bloomfield Hills) so folks from our neighborhood will have to drive either way. I MUCH prefer BBB, and will do any of my purchasing from there. BRU had terrible customer service. I was very disappointed because I was so excited to go there! Buy Buy Baby has amazing customer service, I actually wrote a letter letting them know how amazing the service there was. (yes, it is that good- at least at the Canton store)
  • Options

I've registered at Target and Walmart.

• Options

I registered at Target and Babies R Us because of locations and I have family out of state. 

Its easy to do returns at Target as long as they either give you a gift receipt or its an item from your registery. 

Babies R Us I find are more helpful and they have items that you can use even after baby is here. Plus they email when items have a recall on them that are on your registery.  

Good luck and congrats! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"