2nd Trimester
Options

Hoping for fog... Hoping for fog... Hoping for fog...

The heat here has been ridiculous in the last week. It is never this hot for this long in the SF bay area and my ability to handle it is out the door.

This morning I saw a lip of fog at the far end of the valley. Right now I am looking west at the hills out of my living room window and silently chanting "Fog Fog Fog Fog...". I love seeing it crest at the top of the hill and roll down like too much frosting on a cake. I haven't seen that in a week.

Perhaps I need to invest in a/c but you only need it here like 10 days a year. 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hoping for fog... Hoping for fog... Hoping for fog...

• Options
    i hear ya ..i cant wait for the fall...lol
  • Options
    ablouablou member
    please please please don't tell me you've been suffering through 85 degree weather... you will only make me hate you!!  ;)  It cooled down (thankfully) today, but yesterday, it was 112 here... cherry slurpees are my friend these days. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry I don't have too much sympathy for you. I would love love love to spend some time in your area. We have been having record highs for the past two weeks (between 99 and 105 degrees), it usually doesn't get that hot here until August. I can't even imagine how miserable this August is going to be. People are literally dying because they don't have A/C here. ?
  • Options

Hey! Wait! I am only complaining because it has been over 100. It said 109 one day.

I can handle 85. In fact, I can handle anything as long as it cools down at night. My Irish genetics were not meant to be in this heat.

Now I am assuming that in those areas where it is really hot people have a/c. No one I know does. Not a single person. We don't even have a/c in 2 of our 3 restaurants. There is no escape.  Our fans were still packed from moving and the fan on my bedroom ceiling broke. We found most of one big fan but we have to prop it up with books to get it to stand up because one leg went missing in the move.

One day I took a cold shower and tried to sleep on the floor of the baby's room naked on a throw blanket between all the moving boxes because that was the only room w/ a working fan. 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    PS - I pay a lot of money for my little fixer upper in the 'hood so that I can enjoy this weather.
  • Options
    I visit San Francisco a lot and it is always my luck to hit a heat wave.  Hang in there, the fog shall return Wink
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"