Success after IF
Options

My cute bday present from Davez

So he hates buying cards. I don't blame him, I'm not that into it either. But he does.

If you recall (cuz aint cha all hanging on my every word, lol) at Father's Day I used HIS card for his dad for my dad (the horror) and got him a nice replacement card. With a frog on it.

Yeah, I got that frog card back as my bday card. With the father's day stuff crossed out, Happy Bday put in, etc. And since I gave him a really nice grill utensil set (hey! he needed it!) he gave me a "gift cert" for spatulas. (to use for a camera lense rental in Mexico, really).

He thinks he's so funny, but joke will be on him come sept. When that card gets regifted again. With a whole new set of good wishes written on it.

This card is gonna get some miles. I can't wait to see it in 5 years! lol!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence

Re: My cute bday present from Davez

• Options
    it sounds like you guys have a great thing going in the humor dept.  :)  happy birthday, by the way!!!
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Haha, DH and I do this too.  I've actually done it for years with friends - just buy whatever card I like and change it to say what I need it/want it to say but DH and I got into the habit when we were dating.  It's fun because you never quite know when the card will show up again.  Sometimes you get a new one and sometimes you get the birthday/Valentine's/Xmas/Anniversary card

Happy Birthday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks gals. I'm not fishing for shout outs though. I'm pretty bitter bout this bday ;-/

I can't wait to reuse this card!  too funny!  now if I can find a place to keep it where I'll find it next time !!!!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    Based on your earlier post ... I was afraid to open this one ... not sure I needed to see Davez "cute b'day present" to you and all LOLOLOLOL Stick out tongue
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options

LOL this type of stuff is tradition in DH's family.  But they take it a bit further, I wil never forget my first holiday with them and they wrapped my christmas present in a plastic grocery bag.  The grocery bag is reused for at least one present every year!

They all think it is hilarious......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That's pretty hilarious - Davez seems like a pretty funny guy =)

• Options

Love it!! 

I still laughed a little that Mr. Davez was SO upset about the Father's Day card switch-a-roo! 

~Olivia~
  • Options
    I love that you're going to keep passing the card back and forth....that's awesome!
  • Options
    My IL's and MIL's parents have been passing around the same anniversary card for 35 years. They get a kick out of it.

Happy Birthday ( a day late ).
    Wife. MoM {1G + BBG triplets}. DIY'er. Quilter. 

• Options
    that's pretty darn cute - I'd rather a card like that than any old regular hallmark!!! 
    TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"