Infertility

Stupid repeat beta

I have to drive an hour to the RE tommorrow to do a stupid repeat beta. I think it's pointless, tell me how 0 yesterday at 10dp5dt would be anything other than 0 tommorrow!? I am super sick and have to get up extra early to go. Not my idea of a good time. They also were not pleased that I stopped my pio, estrace and steroid. They wanted me to wait for the second negative....um f off. Pips hurt abdbthe other meds make me sick. This sucks!
SAIF/PAIF is ALWAYS welcome to respond to my posts!
imageimage

TTC since 12/06, PCOS w/ Endo & MFI - 3 Laps - 3 IVF's - 1 FET - 1 ectopic - 1 c/p - gearing up for IVF#4

My Fav Thing about Spring is Easter Candy!

Re: Stupid repeat beta

• That's bullshit.  I am so sorry.  I can't believe they are making you repeat it!

Hugs to you.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • That sucks. I don't think I would go, if you have to drive an hour. I don't understand why they want you to come back just for that. Seems silly. Sorry about your BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never heard of having to do a second beta after a 0. I dont think that I would go. I think it is almost mean that they make you go through it twice.
  • NYC_CTNYC_CT member
    That sucks, I'm sorry. . Can you push them to explain exactly WHY they need you to do it and if it isn't 100% necessary, don't go.  They shoudn't make you come in if you're sick unless it's absolutely essential.  GL!
  • That really sucks. ?Could you just go to a local lab and do it? ?: ?(
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That just seems cruel. Why on earth would they make you do that? Ugh. They made me go in for a repeat once and I didn't show up. oops.
  • imageEchloe:
    That really sucks.  Could you just go to a local lab and do it?  :  (

Exactly what I was thinking.

• honey that sucks. my doc made me do a repeat last month cause they thought my O was late and they maybe tested too early...it was another zero and twice as awful cause i had got my hopes all up that maybe they did test early and mayb be it would be a low positive. **hugs**
  • imageEchloe:
    That really sucks.  Could you just go to a local lab and do it?  :  (

ditto - they can fax the rx right to the lab!

S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"